MEV-013 Environmental Chemistry Solved Assignment 2023-2024
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
Course Code : MEV-013
Course Title : Environmental Chemistry
Assignment Code : MEV-013/TMA-01/January 2023 to July 2024 session
Coverage : All Blocks
Maximum Marks 100
|Title Name||MEV-013 Solved Assignment 2023-2024|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||Master of Science (Environmental Science)|
|Semester||2023-2024 Course: MSCENV|
|Session||January 2023 to July 2024 Sessions|
|Assignment Code||MEV-013/TMA-01/January 2023 to July 2024 session|
|Product||Assignment of MSCENV 2023-2024 (IGNOU)|
Note: This assignment is based on the entire course.
Answer any five questions. All question carries equal marks.
Please write all answers in your own words.
1. Explain modern methods of separation and Electrical methods of analysis with
2. Differentiate between the following
a. Accuracy and Precision
b. Determinate and Indeterminate Errors
3. What are the applications of chromatography technique in environmental
4. Explain the following with suitable examples
a. Chemical equilibrium & Dynamic equilibrium
b. Aromatic hydrocarbons as environmental pollutants
c. Biochemical effects of Arsenic & Mercury
d. Mechanism of adsorption
5. Give a note on scintillation process and working mechanism of scintillation counter?
6. Explain the reasons for the following?
a. HF stored in copper bottles and not glass bottles
b. Sodium hypochlorite used as a disinfectant
c. Graphite acts as a lubricant
d. Lead components are added to gasoline and why was it removed with the advent
of catalytic convertors
e. TEL was banned as a gasoline additive
7. Explain basic instrumentation for IR Spectrometry and its environmental
8. a) What is global warming? How is it different from greenhouse effect? What are
the environmental outcomes of global warming?
b) Describe the mechanism of ozone formation in the lower troposphere?
MEV 013, MEV013, MEV-013, MEV-13, MEV13, MEV 13