MS-57 Maintenance Management
Solved Assignment 2022
Course Code : MS – 57
Course Title : Maintenance Management
Assignment Code : MS-57/TMA/JULY/2022
Coverage : All Blocks
|Title Name||MS-57 Solved Assignment 2022|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2022 Course: Management Programme|
|Session||January 2022 and July 2022 sessions|
|Product||Assignment of Management Programme 2022 (IGNOU)|
Note: Attempt all the questions and submit this Assignment to the Coordinator of your Study
Centre. Last date of submission for January 2022 session is 30th April, 2022.
1. What do you understand by “Planned Maintenance Management system”? Explain any
two documents required in planned maintenance.
2. What is meant by cost absorption and cost apportionment? Discuss the methods of cost
absorption and state which method do you consider to be the best and why?
3. “The primary function of maintenance management is to ensure the availability of the
plant and equipment.” However intrinsic to this requirement is the necessity to provide
maximum reliability and safety. Explain the maintenance techniques for safety and
4. Explain one component redundancy yields higher reliability than unit redundancy. For
the general case of an n-component series system, prove that it is true.
5. What is vibration monitoring? Explain the basis of identifying and analyzing a problem,
while making use of vibration monitoring technique.
MS 57, MS57, MS-57