MS-08 Quantitative Analysis for Managerial Applications Solved Assignment 2020
Course Code : MS 08
Course Title : Quantitative Analysis for Managerial Applications
Assignment No. : MS-08/TMA/SEM-I/2020
Coverage : All Blocks
|Title Name||MS-08 Solved Assignment 2020|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020 Course: Management Programme|
|Product||Assignment of Management Programme 2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||before 30th April, 2020|
Note : Attempt all the questions and submit this assignment to the coordinator of your study center on or
before 30th April, 2020.
1. Solve the following system of equations
2. A distribution is negatively skewed with the coefficient of skewness as -2.9. The value of mean
and mode are 125 and 138, respectively. Find the variance of the distribution.
3. A doctor is to visit a patient. From the past experience, it is known that the probabilities that he
will come by train, bus, scooter or by other means of transport are respectively 3/10, 1/5, 1/10 and
2/5. The probabilities that he will be late are ¼, 1/3 and 1/12, if he comes by train, bus and scooter
respectively, but if he comes by other means of transport, then he will not be late. When he
arrives, he is late. What is the probability that he comes by train?
4. An entrance examination for admission to a first degree course in medicine was conducted at the
national level. The mean and standard deviation of the marks obtained by 15000 candidates were
40 and 8, respectively. Determine in terms of standard deviation, the standard marks of students
getting 50 and 60 marks. Also find the marks obtained corresponding to standard marks 1.30 and
5. What is standard error of estimate? How is it measured? List some of its important interpretations.
MS-08, MS 08, MS08, MS-8, MS8, MS 8