MEG-08 NEW LITERATURES IN ENGLISH SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2019-2020
Assignment Code: MEG-08/TMA/2019-20
Max Marks : 100
|Title Name||MEG-08 English Solved Assignment 2019-20|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: MA(English) MEG|
|Short Name||MEG-08 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of MA(English) 2019-2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||July 2019 Session Students- 31st March 2020
January 2020 Session Students- 30th September 2020
Attempt all the ten questions and answer each question in approximately 500 words.
1. What do you understand by the term „postcolonial‟? What role, if any, have diasporic
intellectuals played in the institutionalization of postcolonial theory? Discuss
2. “A Grain of Wheat is a very complex portrayal of a significant period of Kenyan history”.
3. Wole Soyinka makes certain characters play double roles in his play A Dance of the
Forests. Does this have any significance? Discuss.
4. The use of child-narrator modifies the reading of Ice-Candy Man as a Partition novel.
5. “A House for Mr. Biswas brings forth the crisis of identity formation.” Do you agree?
Give a reasoned answer.
6. .What is „Rastafarianism‟? How do you think it functions as a counter-culture in
7. Examine the implications of the use of metaphors as frames of interpretation, based on
your understanding of poetry from the Caribbean islands.
8. The mandala motif in The Solid Mandala is a reflection on the diasporic Australian
identity. Discuss in detail.
9. Analyse the theme of redemption in The Stone Angel.
10. In what way has modern critical theory facilitated our understanding of Literature from
erstwhile colonized regions such as the Caribbean?
MEG-08, MEG-8, MEG 08, MEG 8, MEG08, MEG