MEC-005/105 INDIAN ECONOMIC POLICY Solved Assignment 2019-2020
Course Code: MEC-005/105
Assignment Code: MEC-105/AST/2019-20
Maximum Marks: 100
|Title Name||MEC-005/105 Solved Assignment 2019-20|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: MA(Economics)|
|Short Name||MEC-005 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of MA(Economics) 2019-2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For July 2019 session, you need to submit the assignments by March 31, 2020, and for
January 2020 session by September 30, 2020 for being eligible to appear in the termend examination. Assignments should be submitted to the Coordinator of your Study
Centre. Obtain a receipt from the Study Centre towards submission.
Note: Answer all the questions. While questions in Section A carry 20 marks each (to be
answered in about 700 words each) those in Section B carry 12 marks each (to be answered
in about 500 words each).
1. What do you understand by the term ‘quality of employment’? State the various dimensions
of deterioration in the quality of employment in India. Also examine the implications of
slow-down in women’s work force participation.
2. What is the distinction between Human Resource Development and Human Development?
Have the economic reforms initiated since 1991 been successful in improving human
development and standard of living? Give reasons. Which policy measures would you like to
suggest in this regard?
3. Do you think that major institutional obstacles come in the way of improving the conditions
of Indian agriculture? What kind of technology and institutional alternatives would you like
to suggest in this regard?
4. State the various targets of monetary policy. State the various criterions used to define a good
target variable. How monetary policy can be useful to achieve sustainable high economic
5. Explain the important issues which are crucial and hence need to be addressed in India’s
6. Critically examine the various steps taken by the Government of India towards removal of
regional disparities. Which suggestions would you like to make to overcome the problem of
7. How far India is from the welfare state it wished to become? To what extent the
implementation of development policies adopted so far are responsible for this state of
MEC-005, MEC005, MEC-05, MEC-5, MEC 005, MEC 5, MEC-005
MEC-105, MEC105, MEC5, MEC 105, MEC 5, MEC05