MEC-004 ECONOMICS OF GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
Solved Assignment 2020-2021
Course Code: MEC-004
Asst. Code: MEC-004 / AST-1/2020-2021
Total Marks: 100
|Title Name||MEC-004 Solved Assignment 2020-21|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: MA(ECONOMICS) MEC|
|Short Name||MEC-004 (ENGLISH)|
|Assignment Code||MEC-004 / AST-1/2020-2021|
|Product||Assignment of MA(ECONOMICS) 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For July 2020 session, you need to submit the assignments by March 31, 2021, and for
January 2021 session by September 30, 2021 for being eligible to appear in the term end examination.Assignments should be submitted to the Coordinator of your Study Centre. Obtain a receipt from the Study Centre towards submission.
1) Examine the effect of population growth in the Solow model of economic growth. Discuss how the Solow model could be
used to explain poverty traps in developing nations.
2) Describe the Mankiw-Romer-Weil extension to the neoclassical model to include human capital. Explain why
diminishing returns to capital do not take place in the AK model.
3) Distinguish between economic growth and development. Briefly mention the main benefits that economic growth confers
4) Describe Pasinetti’s theory of economic growth and distribution.
5) Describe the various approaches to the measurement of total factor productivity.
6) What are the main propositions of the Real Business Cycle model? Describe the basic structure of a prototype Real
Business Cycle model.
7) Compare and contrast the Uzawa two-sector growth model with the Feldman model.
MEC-004, MEC004, MEC-04, MEC-4, MEC 004, MEC 4, MEC-04