MEC-004 ECONOMICS OF GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT Solved Assignment 2019-2020
Course Code: MEC-004
Asst. Code: MEC-004/AST-1/2019-2020
Total Marks: 100
|Title Name||MEC-004 Solved Assignment 2019-20|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: MA(Economics)|
|Short Name||MEC-004 (ENGLISH)|
|Assignment Code||MEC-004 / AST-1/2019-2020|
|Product||Assignment of MA(Economics) 2019-2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For July 2019 session, you need to submit the assignments by March 31, 2020, and for
January 2020 session by September 30, 2020 for being eligible to appear in the termend examination. Assignments should be submitted to the Coordinator of your Study
Centre. Obtain a receipt from the Study Centre towards submission.
Answer all the questions. Each question in Section A carried 20 marks while that in Section
B carries 12 marks.
1) Discuss the main sources of economic growth. Discuss the main adverse repercussions on the
economy that the process of economic growth can have.
2) What do you understand by technical progress? What is the relationship between technical
progress and growth of total factor productivity? Discuss the various conceptions of neutral
technical progress as put forward by Hicks, Harrod and Solow.
3) Describe the Mankiw-Romer-Weil extension to the neoclassical model to include human
capital. Explain why diminishing returns to capital do not take place in the AK model.
4) What are the main propositions of the Real Business Cycle model? Describe the basic
structure of a prototype Real Business Cycle model.
5) Compare and contrast Adam Smith’s theory of development with that of Ricardo’s.
6) Discuss the Harris-Todaro model of migration. What has been the impact of this model?
What is its relevance for developing nations?
7) Explain the meaning of cost-benefit analysis. Describe briefly the usual steps taken in a
typical cost-benefit exercise.
MEC-004, MEC004, MEC-04, MEC-4, MEC 004, MEC 4, MEC-04