BSOC-101 INTRODUCTION TO SOCIOLOGY-I Solved Assignment 2022-2023
Tutor Marked Assignment
Course Code: BSOC 101
Assignment Code: BSOC-101/ASST/TMA/2022-23
Total Marks: 100
|Title Name||BSOC-101 Solved Assignment 2022-2023|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2022-2023 Course: BA(SOCIOLOGY)|
|Session||July 2022 and January 2023 sessions|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(SOCIOLOGY) 2022-2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||July Cycle: 30th April|
January Cycle: 31st October
Answer the following Descriptive Category questions in about 500 words each. Each question carries
1. Discuss the similarities and differences between sociology and anthropology.
Does sociology has relationship with history? Discuss.
2. How did sociological theory emerge? What was the factor of industrial revolution in its emergence?
Explain the AGIL model of Talcott Parsons.
Answer the following Middle Category questions in about 250 words each. Each question carries 10
3 X 10 = 30
3. Examine mass media as an agent of socialization.
Discuss the diversity of culture in India.
4. Discuss the concept of political culture as used in political sociology.
What do you understand by social control? Explain.
5. Discuss the socio-cultural factors of social change.
Examine Merton’s ciritique of Parsons’ functional theory.
Answer the following Short Category questions in about 100 words each. Each question carries 6
5 X 6 = 30
6. What is gemeinschaft?
7. What is ethnocentrism?
8. Differentiate between acculturation and assimilation.
9. What is master status?
10. What is social institution?
BSOC-101, BSOC 101, BSOC101
There are no reviews yet.