BSOC-131 INTRODUCTION TO SOCIOLOGY
Solved Assignment 2019-2020
BSOC-131 : INTRODUCTION TO SOCIOLOGY
Tutor Marked Assignments
Course Code: BSOC-131
Assignment Code: ASST /TMA /July 2019 & January 2020
Total Marks: 100
|Title Name||BSOC-131 English Solved Assignment 2019-20|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: BA(English)|
|Short Name||BSOC-131 (ENGLISH)|
|Assignment Code||ASST /TMA /July 2019 & January 2020|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(English) 2019-2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For the students enrolled in July 2019- 30th April 2020
For the students enrolled in January 2020- 31st October 2020
Answer the following Descriptive Category questions in about 500 words each. Each
question carries 20 marks. 2 x 20 = 40
1. Discuss the factors for the emergence of sociology.
What are the elements of culture? Discuss.
2. Discuss the approaches to the understanding of social change.
Describe the similarities between sociology and social anthropology.
Answer the following Middle Category questions in about 250 words each. Each
question carries 10 marks. 3 x 10 = 30
3. Describe the characteristics of community.
What is social psychology? Explain its inter-disciplinary approach.
4. Discuss the perspectives on social institutions.
Explain the different kinds of organisation.
5. Describe the premises of functionalism.
Discuss Mead’s theory of the development of self.
Answer the following Short Category questions in about 100 words each. Each question
carries 6 marks. 5 x 6 = 30
6. Write a note on contemporary economic sociology.
7. Describe the concepts of culture trait and culture complex.
8. Differentiate between ascribed and achieved status.
9. Differentiate between multiple roles and role set.
10. Define the concept of socialization.
BSOC-131, BSOC 131, BSOC131