BEGAE-182 English Communication Skills
Solved Assignment 2020-2021
Course Code: BEGAE182
Maximum Marks 100
|Title Name||BEGAE-182 English Solved Assignment 2020-21|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: BA(English)|
|Short Name||BEGAE-182 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(English) 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For June Examination: 30th April, 2021
For December Examination: 31st October, 2021
I. Answer any four of the following in about 150 words each:
1. What do you understand by the term ‘non-verbal communication’? What are its
2. What are the characteristics of a conversation?
3. What are the four levels of meaning that you should be aware of as a reader?
4. Explain with suitable examples, how new words are built in English through “affixation”
5. What are the aspects to be taken care of before you attend a meeting?
6. What are “homonyms” and “homophones”? Explain with suitable examples.
II. A construction company is planning to cut down several trees in your locality to build a
new flat. As the President of your Residential Association write a formal letter to the
editor of your local newspaper highlighting this issue.
III. Prepare a presentation on the topic:
Effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on the Indian economy.
IV What are the semantic and linguistic barriers to communication? How can they be
overcome? (Answer in around 300 words)
V What are the different forms of discourse that you need to be aware of before you start a writing
project? Describe these forms of discourse briefly with suitable examples. (Answer in around 300
VI A group of five students have been given the topic “Online Learning and the Higher Education
Scenario in India,” for group discussion. Write out the discussion in around 300 words.
BEGAE-182, BEGAE 182, BEGAE182