MJM-025 Media Ethics and Laws Solved Assignment 2022-2023
(Due Date: Please check the website for the latest update on due date)
Assignment Code: MJM-025/July22/Jan23
Maximum Marks: 100
|Title Name||MJM-025 Solved Assignment 2022-2023|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||MASTERS OF ARTS IN JOURNALISM AND MASS COMMUNICATION|
|Semester||2022-2023 Course: MAJMC|
|Session||For July 2022 and January 2023 admission cycle|
|Product||Assignment of MAJMC 2022-2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||July session: 31st March|
January session: 30th September
Note: Answer all the questions. All questions carry equal marks = 20 each
Attempt each question in about 500 words
1. Private news channels are often criticised for carrying our sting operations unethically.
What are the ethical practices and laws that govern the use of hidden cameras and
recording without a person’s consent and knowledge? Discuss your answer in light of any
2. Discuss the role of codes of ethics in the context of journalism as a professional practice,
examining its problematic and positive aspects and whether codes are the most effective
way of securing ethical media practice without unduly restraining practitioners?
3. Fake news and rumour mongering has become a menace due to the lack of gatekeeping
across social medial. What in your opinion should be the ethical code of self-adherence to
reduce the spread of such unidentified news?
4. Reading news and seeing gory photographs of riots, wars or accidents can be mentally
harassing for the audience. Nevertheless, such reporting is essential from journalistic
view. Is there a need of educating journalists on Trauma Literacy for responsible
reporting of accidents or riots? Justify your answer.
5. Personal data created by individuals using the internet creates both footprints and
fingerprints. Discuss the ways that data-matching on the internet pose new legal and
ethical issues for media platforms and media practitioners. [Data matching means the use
of personal information given in one context (or held on one database) with data given
(or held) in another]
MJM-025, MJM 025, MJM025, MJM-25, MJM25, MJM 25