MECE-003 ACTUARIAL ECONOMICS: THEORY AND PRACTICE Solved Assignment 2019-2020
Course Code: MECE-003
Assignment Code: MECE-003/AST/2019-20
Maximum Marks: 100
|Title Name||MECE-003 Solved Assignment 2019-20|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: MA(Economics)|
|Short Name||MECE-003 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of MA(Economics) 2019-2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For July 2019 session, you need to submit the assignments by March 31, 2020, and for January 2020 session by September 30, 2020 for being eligible to appear in the termend examination. Assignments should be submitted to the Coordinator of your Study Centre. Obtain a receipt from the Study Centre towards submission.|
Note: Answer all the questions. While questions in Section A carry 20 marks each (to be
answered in about 500 words each) those in Section B carry 12 marks each (to be answered
in about 300 words each). In the case of numerical questions word limits do not apply.
1) Discuss the theoretical rationale behind ‘unit-linked insurance contracts’ with a specific
reference to case of no guarantee.
2) How are benefit reserves for life insurance and annuities determined? Discuss.
3) State Markov’s theorem with examples. What condition should the random variable R
possess for this result?
4) Define ‘survival function’. How is a ‘hazard function’ defined?
5) How is ‘ruin probability’ a classical risk measure? Explain.
6) What is ‘dynamic functional analysis’ (DFA)? What are the practical issues you would
consider for selecting the interest rate in a DFA model?
7) Write short notes on: (a) Compound-Poisson Process; (b) Black-Scholes Theorem; (c) Panjer
Recursion; (d) Risk neutral evaluation.
MECE-003, MECE003, MECE-03, MECE-3, MECE 003, MECE 3, MECE-03