MEG-12 MASTER’S DEGREE IN ENGLISH
|Title Name||MEG-12 English Solved Assignment 2018-19|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2018-2019 Course: MA(English) MEG|
|Short Name||MEG-12 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of MA(English) 2018-2019 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||before March 31th, 2019 for the session July, 2018 and
before September 30th, 2019 for the session January 2019
A SURVEY COURSE IN 20TH CENTURY
Assignment Code: MEG-12/TMA/2018-19
Max. Marks: 100
Attempt all TEN questions and answer each question in approximately 500 words.
1. Trace the history of the development of Canadian literature with emphasis on its
trends, movements, period etc.
2. What are some of the predominant themes present in 20th century Canadian poetry?
3. Attempt a critical analysis of Thomas King’s poem ‘Coyote Sees the Prime Minister’.
4. Discuss Margaret Atwood’s novel Surfacing with special reference to the use of
imagery and symbolism present in it.
5. The Tin Flute. is a novel about the poor of Montreal and the effect of the Depression
and war on their lives. Comment with examples from the novel.
6. Write a detailed note on the four main characters of the novel The English Patient and
their life together in the Italian villa.
7. Write a brief note about the genre of the Canadian short story.
8. ‘Sunday Afternoon’ focuses on the problems and vulnerability of women in modern
society. Elaborate this statement with reference to this story.
9. Attempt a character analysis of Rita Joe.
10. Write a detailed note on the contribution of Northrop Frye to Canadian criticism.
MEG-012, MEG-12, MEG 012, MEG 12, MEG012, MEG