MECE-004 FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS AND MARKETS in English SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2022-2023
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Course Code: MECE-004
Assignment Code: MECE-004/AST/2022-23
Total Marks: 100
|Title Name||MECE-004 Solved Assignment 2022-2023|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2022-2023 Course: MA(ECONOMICS) MEC|
|Session||For July 2022 and January 2023 Sessions|
|Product||Assignment of MA(ECONOMICS) 2022-2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For July session, you need to submit the assignments by March 31, and for|
January session by September 30 for being eligible to appear in the term end examination.Assignments should be submitted to the Coordinator of your Study Centre. Obtain a receipt from the Study Centre towards submission.
Note: Answer all the questions.
Answer the following questions in about 700 words each. . The word limits do not apply in case of
numerical questions. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Describe the nature of the financial system in modern economy giving the important types of
constituent institutions, markets and instruments. Explain the concept of flow- of-funds in the
2. Discuss the Markowitz theory of efficient portfolio selection. How does the CAPM theory build on
Answer the following questions in about 400 words each. Each question carries 12 marks.
3. Critically examine the major theories that have been put forward to explain the term structure of
4. Explain the need for, and role of depository systems in secondary markets. Explain the concept
of custodial services.
5. Discuss the Black-Scholes formula on derivative pricing.
6. Compare the impact of monetary policy under fixed exchange rates with those under flexible
7. Discuss the concept of leverage for a firm. Discuss the important financial and leverage ratios used.
Explain the Merton-Miller theorem.
MECE-004, MECE004, MECE-04, MECE-4, MECE 004, MECE 4, MECE-004
There are no reviews yet.