MECE-004 FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS AND MARKETS
SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2020-2021
Course Code: MECE-004
Asst. Code: MECE-004 / AST-1/2020-2021
Total Marks: 100
|Title Name||MECE-004 Solved Assignment 2020-21|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: MA(ECONOMICS) MEC|
|Short Name||MECE-004 (ENGLISH)|
|Assignment Code||MECE-004 / AST-1/2020-2021|
|Product||Assignment of MA(ECONOMICS) 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For July 2020 session, you need to submit the assignments by March 31, 2021, and for|
January 2021 session by September 30, 2021 for being eligible to appear in the term end examination.Assignments should be submitted to the Coordinator of your Study Centre. Obtain a receipt from the Study Centre towards submission.
1) Describe the nature of the financial system in a modern economy giving the important types of constituent
institutions, markets and instruments. Explain the concept of flow-of-funds in the financial markets
2) Discuss the Markowitz theory of efficient portfolio selection. How does the Capital Asset Pricing Theory
(CAPM) theory build on it?
3) Explain the Arbitrage Pricing Theory.
4) Explain the need for, and role of depository systems in secondary markets. Explain the concept of custodial
5) Give a theoretical model of central banking, bringing out the relationship between the monetary base and
monetary aggregates. What are instruments of monetary policy used by central banks?
6) Compare the impact of monetary policy under fixed exchange rates with those under flexible exchange rates.
7) Discuss the concept of leverage for a firm. Discuss the important financial and leverage ratios used. Explain the
MECE-004, MECE004, MECE-04, MECE-4, MECE 004, MECE 4, MECE-004