EHI-06 History of China and Japan 1840-1949 SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2019-2020
Course Code: EHI-06
Assignment Code: AST/TMA/2019-20
Total Marks: 100
|Title Name||EHI-06 History Solved Assignment 2019-20|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: BA(History)|
|Short Name||EHI-06 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of BA(History) 2019-2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||31st March, 2020 for the students appearing in the June 2020 Term End Examination
30th September, 2020 for the students appearing in December 2020 Term End Examination
Note: All questions are compulsory. Marks are indicated against each question.
Section 1: Answer each question in about 500 words.
1. Discuss the context and significance of the Self-Strengthening Movement and Hundred Days
Reforms in China.
Analyse the economic, social and political programme of People’s Republic in China. 20
2. Discuss the attempts made by the foreign powers to establish their control over Japan in the mid19th century.
What led to the failure of political parties and the rise of militarism in Japan? 20
Section 2: Answer each question in about 250 words.
3. Analyse the nature and impact of Taiping Rebellion.
Write a note on Confucianism and Taoism. 12
4.Discuss the emergence of the Chinese bourgeoisie as a social force.
Analyse the factors that contributed to the rise of nationalism in China. 12
5. Discuss the debates on the Meiji Restoration in Japan.
Explain the developments in religion and culture in Japan during the Tokugawa period. 12
6. Analyse the impact of the First World War on the polity and economy of Japan.
Explain the emergence of Japan as an imperialist power during the period 1894-1912. 12
Section 3: Answer in about 100 words each.
7. Write short notes on any two of the following: 6 + 6
i) Yangwu Movement
iii) The Red Army
iv) Japanese Constitution
EHI-06, EHI-6, EHI 06, EHI 6, EHI06, EHI