BPCC-106 DEVELOPMENT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL THOUGHT
Solved Assignment 2021
Tutor Marked Assignments (TMA)
Course Code: BPCC 106
Assignment Code: ASST /TMA / 2021
Total Marks: 100
|Title Name||BPCC-106 Psychology Solved Assignment 2021|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2021 Course: BA(Psychology)|
|Short Name||BPCC-106 (ENGLISH)|
|Assignment Code||ASST /TMA / 2021|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(Psychology) 2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For January 2021: 30th September 2021|
NOTE: All questions are compulsory.
2 x 20 = 40
Answer the following questions in about 500 words each. Each question carries 20
1. Discuss the emergence and aims of social constructionism in psychology.
2. What were the various influences on psychoanalysis? Discuss the development of
6 x 5 = 30
Answer the following questions in about 100 words each. Each question carries 5 marks.
3. Differentiate between free will and determinism
4. Tolman’s idea of Cognitive Behaviorism
7. Thorndike’s approach to the study of association
2 x 15 = 30
Note: You need to complete the activities as instructed. Please attempt the activities in a
coherent and organized manner. The word limit for each activity is around 700 words.
Each activity is of 15 marks. For the activities, you need to refer to self-learning
material, and any other relevant offline or online resources. Some useful resources are
also listed at the end of each unit.
1. Select any two schools of thought or perspectives in psychology and explain how they
differ in their approaches to understanding behaviour and the level of explanation at
which they are focused.
Note: Level of explanation may be lower (the underlying process is biological, such
as genes, neurons, hormones, etc.); middle (the underlying process is interpersonal,
such as individual characteristics and abilities); higher (the underlying process is
social and cultural such as social groups, organizational and culture).
2. How did psychology begin to be applied to the general public and everyday
problems? (Hint: Reflect on the sequence of events/ ideas as given by psychologists).
BPCC-106, BPCC 106, BPCC106