EHI-07 / BHIE-107 Solved Assignment 2018-19
EHI07 / BHIE107 : Modern Europe Mid-18th to Mid-20th Centuries
Course Code: EHI-07 / BHIE-107
Assignment Code : EHI-07/BHIE-107/AST/TMA/2018-19
Total Marks: 100
|Title Name||EHI-07 / BHIE-107 History Solved Assignment 2018-19|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2018-2019 Course: BA(History)|
|Short Name||EHI-07 / BHIE-107 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of BA(History) 2018-2019 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||before March 31th, 2019 for the session July, 2018 and
before September 30th, 2019 for the session January 2019
Note: All questions are compulsory. Marks are indicated against each question.
Section 1: Answer each question in about 500 words.
1. Explain the measures taken by the British state towards modernization. 20
Write a brief note on Liberalism.
2. Define the idea of nationalism and nation-state. ‘Nationalism can support both 20
movements of unification and separation.’ Explain this with reference to the
nationalist mobilizations in Europe.
Analyse the factors that contributed to the first socialist revolution in Russia. How
did the Russian government try to build socialism in Russia?
Section 2: Answer each question in about 250 words.
3. ‘Modern democratic politics is not democratic in many essential respects.’ Explain. 12
Discuss the role of masses in overthrowing the Ancien Regime in France.
4. ‘The mid 19th century Europe was marked by transformation from monarchical 12
government towards democratization.’ Explain.
Why did industrialization start late in Russia?
5. How did the change come in economic position of women in modern Europe? 12
Discuss the cultural issues that helped the rise of national sentiments in Eastern Europe.
6. What was the effect of industrial growth on the rise of cities? 12
Discuss in brief the process of economic recovery and development in
post-World War Europe.
Section 3: Answer in about 100 words each.
7. Write short notes on any two of the following: 6 + 6
a) Peasants in modern Europe
b) Missionaries and imperialism
c) The Weimar Republic
d) Ideology of the Nazi Party. EHI-7 / BHIE107 / EHI7