BSOC-103 INTRODUCTION TO SOCIOLOGY-II
Solved Assignment 2021-2022
INTRODUCTION TO SOCIOLOGY-II
Tutor Marked Assignments
Programme Code: BASOH
Course Code : BSOC –103
Assignment Code: ASST /TMA /2021-22
Total Marks: 100
|Title Name||BSOC-103 SOCIOLOGY Solved Assignment 2021-2022|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2021-2022 Course: BA(SOCIOLOGY)|
|Session||July 2021 and January 2022 sessions|
|Assignment Code||ASST /TMA /2021-22|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(SOCIOLOGY) 2021-2022 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||July Cycle: 30th April|
January Cycle: 31st October
Answer the following Descriptive Category questions in about 500 words each. Each question
carries 20 marks.
1. Discuss the limitation of classical social evolution.
Differentiate between the functionalism of Malinowski and Radcliffe-Brown.
2. Discuss Levi Strauss’ theory of culture.
What is conflict theory? Discuss the recent trends of conflict theory.
Answer the following Middle Category questions in about 250 words each. Each question carries 10
3 X 10 = 30
3. Explain the elite theory of conflict.
Discuss Weber’s contribution to interpretive sociology.
4. Discuss the recent trends of symbolic interactionism.
Explain the thrust and activities of the National Organisation for Women.
5. Discuss the cyclical theories of social change.
Explain Weber’s view on capitalism.
Answer the following Short Category questions in about 100 words each. Each question carries 6
5 X 6 = 30
6. What according to Marx are the causes of division of labour?
7. What is dramaturgy?
8. Differentiate between mechanical and organic solidarity.
9. Distinguish between religion and science.
10. What is anomie?
BSOC-103, BSOC 103, BSOC103