BPY-002 Logic: Classical and Symbolic Logic
Solved Assignment 2020-2021
|Title Name||BPY-002 PHILOSOPHY Solved Assignment 2020-2021|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: BA(PHILOSOPHY)|
|Product||Assignment of BA(PHILOSOPHY) 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For June Exam- 31st March
For December Exam- 30th September
4. Give Answer of all five questions.
5. All five questions carry equal marks
6. Answer to question no. 1 and 2 should be in about 400 words each.
1. What is definition? Explain different kinds of definitions. Briefly explain the limit to
define something. 20
What is reasoning? Briefly explain different kinds of reasoning. 20
2. Differentiate between formal and informal fallacies. Write a note on different kinds of
informal fallacies. 20
What is induction? Discuss Hume’s objections on induction. Can you give answer to
Hume’s objections? How? 20
3. Answer any two of the following questions in about 200 words each. 2*10= 20
a) What is dilemma? Differentiate between constructive and simple dilemma with
b) Differentiate between contradictory and contrary. Give one examples of each. 10
c) If ‘Some nations are democratic country.’ is true. Determine the truth-value of the
followings and state the relation with the given statement. 10 (5*2=10)
i) All nations are democratic country.
ii) Some nations are not democratic country.
iii) Some nations are not non-democratic country.
iv) No democratic country is nation.
v) Some non-nations are democratic country.
d) What are the limits of Aristotelian logic? Do you think that symbolic logic sorts out the
problems of Aristotelian logic? 10
4. Answer any four of the following questions in about 150 words each. 4*5= 20
a) State rules of logical division. 5
b) Write a short essay on Inconsistent triad. 5
c) How dilemma can be avoided? 5
d) Differentiate between Proposition and sentence. 5
e) Differentiate between Universal Generalization and Existential Generalization. 5
f) Write a short essay on the relation between Logic and language. 5
5. Write short notes on any five of the following in about 100 words each. 5*4= 20
a) Fallacy of redundant definition 4
b) The Dagger Function 4
c) Modus Tollens 4
d) Hypothetical Proposition. 4
e) Synthetic a-priori 4
f) Implication 4
g) Bi-conditional 4
h) Fallacy of Undistributed middle term
BPY-002, BPY-02, BPY 002, BPY 02, BPY002, BPY02, BPY-2, BPY2, BPY