BPY-001 Indian Philosophy: Part I
Solved Assignment 2020-2021
|Title Name||BPY-001 PHILOSOPHY Solved Assignment 2020-2021|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: BA(PHILOSOPHY)|
|Product||Assignment of BA(PHILOSOPHY) 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For June Exam- 31st March|
For December Exam- 30th September
1. Give Answer of all five questions.
2. All five questions carry equal marks
3. Answer to question no. 1 and 2 should be in about 400 words each.
1. How does Uddalaka counter the theory that says that in the beginning there was Asat
(Non-exitence)? Explain Uddalaka’s Cosmological Theory. 20
What is the meaning of Tajjalan? Figure out some philosophical implications of
2. Do you think that unity in diversity is the central idea of Upanishads? Support your
answer with suitable arguments. 20
Compare the answers of Upanishads and Buddhist Philosophy to the problem of being
and becoming. 20
3. Answer any two of the following questions in about 200 words each. 2*10= 20
a) Discuss the idea of creation as depicted in Aitreya Upanishad. 10
b) How does vaidik philosophy describe Rta as a cosmological and moral principle? 10
c) How syadvad and anekantavad is related? Explain. 10
d) How does Charvaka refute inference? Evaluate Charvaka’s arguments against inference.
4. Answer any four of the following four questions in about 150 words each.
a) Write short note on vaidik gods. 5
b) Write short essay on the subject matter of Yajurveda. 5
c) Differentiate Epistemological approach of Vaibhashika and Sautantrika School of
d) Write an essay on Philosophical insights of Brhdaranyak Upanishad. 5
e) Write an essay on Shunyavad of Madhyamika school of Buddhism. 5
f) Discuss the concept of Bliss as depicted in Taittiriya Upanishad. 5
5. Write short notes on any five of the following in about 100 words each. 5*4= 20
a) Samatva Manobhava (equanimity of mind) 4
b) Nirukta 4
c) Brahmana Text 4
d) Hiranyagarbha 4
e) Bhooma Vidya 4
f) Aranyaka 4
g) Pratityasamutpada 4
h) Jiva and Ajiva in Jain Philosophy.
BPY-001, BPY-01, BPY 001, BPY 01, BPY001, BPY01, BPY-1, BPY1, BPY