EHI-02 India Earliest Times To The 8th Century AD Solved Assignment 2019-2020
Course Code: EHI-02
Assignment Code: EHI-02/AST/TMA/2019-20
Total Marks: 100
|Title Name||EHI-02 History Solved Assignment 2019-20|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: BA(History)|
|Short Name||EHI-02 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of BA(History) 2019-2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||31st March, 2020 for the students appearing in the June 2020 Term End Examination
30th September, 2020 for the students appearing in December 2020 Term End Examination
Note: All questions are compulsory. Marks are indicated against each question.
Section 1: Answer each question in about 500 words.
1. Discuss the town planning, drainage and architectural features of Harappan civilisation. 20
Write on the sources for reconstructing the history of the Vedic period.
2. What were the main features of economy and society of the Mauryas? 20
Examine the changes in economy and society of the Guptas.
Section 2: Answer each question in about 250 words.
3. What do you understand by the term ‘Mesolithic’? What are the main features of Indian 12
Discuss the Megalithic culture of India.
4. Discuss the main features of urbanization in the 6th century B.C. ? 12
What were the factors responsible for the rise of Magadha?
5. Write a detailed note on Shungas and Kushanas. 12
Discuss local polities, ganasanghas and tribal polities in the period 200 B.C. -200 A.D.
6. Discuss Ashoka’s Dhamma. 12
Discuss the early state formation in Deccan.
Section 3: Answer in about 100 words each.
7. Write short notes on any two of the following: 6 + 6
i) Gautama Buddha
ii) Rig Veda
iii) Mauryan art
iv) Tamil language
EHI-02, EHI-2, EHI 02, EHI 2, EHI02, EHI