BEGLA-136 English at the Workplace Solved Question Paper December 2021
English in Daily Life
Course Code: BEGLA-136
|Title Name||BEGLA-136 Solved Question Paper December 2021|
|Service Type||Solved Question Paper (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Product||Solved Question Paper (IGNOU)|
B.A. GENERAL (BAG)
BEGLA-136 : ENGLISH AT THE WORKPLACE
Time : 3 hours Maximum Marks : 100
Note : All questions are compulsory.
1. Match the words in Column A with their meanings in Column B : 10*1=10
(a) Aggressive (i) Evidence that shows people your abilities
(b) Hectic (ii) Start something
(c) Chronological (iii) A brilliant idea which occurs suddenly
(d) Artifact (iv) Capacity to organise and manage a business venture
(e) Entrepreneurship (v) Deserving of trust and confidence
(f) Credentials (vi) An object produced or shaped by human craft
(g) Initiate (vii) Information about something that can tell if it is successful
(h) Brainwave (viii) Arranged in order of time of occurrence
(i) Feedback (ix) Very busy
(j) Dependable (x) Behaving in a forceful way without caring about other people
2. Make sentences using the following words : 5*2=10
3. (a) Rewrite the following sentences changing them from the active voice to passive voice : 5*1=5
(i) The people gave the king a warm welcome.
(ii) The Wright brothers built the first aeroplane.
(iii) Shakespeare wrote the play ‘Hamlet’.
(iv) Marie Curie discovered radium.
(v) My brother drew this picture.
(b) Fill in the blanks as indicated : 101=10
(i) He ________ (develop) a new application for this software. (Correct form of ‘develop’)
(ii) Plans have to be properly __________ (implement) not just designed. (Correct form of ‘implement’)
(iii) The company letterheads have been printed afresh. Please use the ________ (change) letterheads. (Correct form of ‘change’)
(iv) Please show me a sample of a _________ (cover) letter. (Correct form of ‘cover’)
(v) We are looking for someone __________ has a proven record of excellence. (Choose the correct word from the following : whom, who, which, that)
(vi) There is no exception __________ this rule. (Use appropriate preposition)
(vii) She restored the purse _________ its rightful owner. (Use appropriate preposition)
(viii) Alcohol is injurious __________ health. (Use appropriate preposition)
(ix) In World War II, _________ French defeated the Axis powers. (Use the correct article)
(x) He walked in the rain without _________ umbrella. (Use the correct article)
4. Write short notes on the following (around 150 words each) : 2*10=20
(a) The qualities of a good customer service executive
(b) Organising a portfolio
5. Prepare a brief CV (Curriculum Vitae) clearly mentioning your education, skills, professional experience and interests. 10
6. Write an official letter of application in response to an advertisement for the post of a Business Analyst in a firm. Your letter should show how your skills and experience match the requirements of the job. 10
7. As the head of a research organisation, you are interviewing candidates for the post of Research Officer. Write down ten questions you would ask to assess the candidates’ suitability for the position. 10
8. Prepare the outline of a presentation on the
topic : The Essential Qualities of a Great Leader. 15
There are no reviews yet.