BECC-106 INTERMEDIATE MACROECONOMICS-I
Solved Assignment 2021-2022
Course Code: BECC-106
Assignment Code: ASST/BECC 106/ 2021-22
Total Marks: 100
|Title Name||BECC-106 Economic HONOURS Solved Assignment 2021-2022|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2021-2022 Course: BA(Economic HONOURS)|
|Session||July 2021 and January 2022 Admission cycle|
|Assignment Code||ASST/BECC 106/ 2021-22|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(Economic HONOURS) 2021-2022 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||July Cycle: 30 April|
January Cycle: 31 October
Answer the following Descriptive Category Questions in about 500 words each. Each question
carries 20 marks. Word limit does not apply in the case of numerical questions. 2 × 20 = 40
1) Derive the equations for IS and LM curves. Specify the parameters of the model. Explain how
the levels of equilibrium output and interest rate are influenced by changes in these
2) Bring out the salient features of Dornbusch’s overshooting model.
Answer the following Middle Category Questions in about 250 words each. Each question
carries 10 marks. Word limit does not apply in the case of numerical questions. 3 × 10 = 30
3) Describe the role of financial markets in an economy.
4) What is the significance of the traditional Phillips Curve? Why does the shape of the
Phillips Curve change when we introduce expectations into our analysis?
5) Describe the relationship between international capital flows and trade balance.
Answer the following Short Category Questions in about 100 words each. Each question carries
6 marks. 5 ×6 = 30
6) Distinguish between the concepts of future contract and forward contract.
7) Write a short note on the concept of covered interest arbitrage in the context of
8) What are the implications of policy ineffectiveness proposition?
9) Describe how an economy can achieve both internal and external balance under a
fixed exchange rate regime.
10) State the reasons behind exchange rate overshooting.
BECC-106, BECC 106, BECC106