BBYCT-131 Biodiversity (Microbes, Algae, Fungi and Archegoniates)
Solved Assignment 2020-2021
Course Code: BBYCT-131
Assignment Code: BBYCT-131/TMA/2020-2021
Maximum Marks: 100
|Title Name||BBYCT-131 Solved Assignment 2020-21|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: B.SC(G) CBCS|
|Short Name||BBYCT-131 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of BSCG 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||This assignment is valid from 1st July, 2020 to 30th June, 2021. If you have failed in this assignment or fail to submit it by June, 2021, then you need to get the assignment for the year 2021-22, and submit it as per the instructions given in the Programme Guide.|
1. a) With the help of well labelled diagram, describe the internal structure of a typical
bacterium. Differentiate a bacterial cell from an archaeal cell.
b) Describe the major three mechanisms for genetic recombination in bacteria. (5)
2. a) Are viruses living? Comment.
c) Describe the replication in bacteriophage. (5)
3. a) Make outline diagrams of different types of life cycles in algae. (5)
b) Distinguish between Chytridiomycota and Ascomycota in terms of Ecology. (5)
4. a) List the salient characteristic of three classes of Division Bryophyta. (5)
b) Discuss the role of Bryophytes in soil formation. (5)
5. a) Describe life cycle of a pteridophyte with proper diagram.
b) Compare the reproductive organs and reproduction of Selaginella, Equisetum and
Pteris with proper diagrams.
6. Describe the morphology of thallus, vegetative and sexual reproduction in Fucus with the
help of clear and well labelled diagrams. (10)
7. Define and differentiate between ecto- and endo-mycorrhiza with the help of clear and well
8. Explain the different structural, reproductive and physiological adaptations that have
enabled aquatic ancestors to establish on terrestrial habitats. (10)
9. a) Compare and differentiate between roots of Cycas and Pinus with proper diagrams.
b) Give a diagrammatic representation of life cycle of Pinus.
c) Describe the anatomical structure of Pinus stem with proper diagram.
10. Write notes on the following :
i) Telome theory
ii) Types of steles in Pteridophytes
iii) Pollination, fertilization and embryogeny in Cycas
v) Economic importance of Gymnosperms as food and medicine.
BBYCT-131, BBYCT 131, BBYCT131