BBYCT-131 Biodiversity (Microbes, Algae, Fungi and Archegoniates)
Solved Assignment 2021-2022
Course Code: BBYCT-131
Assignment Code: BBYCT-131/TMA/2021-2022
Maximum Marks: 100
|Title Name||BBYCT-131 Solved Assignment 2021-2022|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2021-2022 Course: B.SC(G) CBCS|
|Session||Session: July 2021- January 2022|
|Product||Assignment of BSCG 2021-2022 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||Valid from 1st July, 2021 to 30th June, 2022|
Note: Attempt all questions. The marks for each question are indicated
1. a) Describe the structure of RNA virus with suitable diagram.
b) Discuss Hershey and Chase experiment with suitable diagram.
2. a) Describe a bacterial cell wall and its adherents with proper diagram
b) Describe transformation in bacteria with suitable diagram.
3. a) ‘Algae can be found in diverse type of habitats’. Justify the statement.
b) Describe the different types of life cycles found in algae, illustrate each
with suitable diagram.
4. a) Compare the structure of mycelia of Penicillium and Agaricus.
b) Discuss the role of Lichens as food, medicine and dyes.
5. Discuss the adaptive strategies developed by aqueous plants during the
phase(s) of transition to land habitat.
6. Compare the characteristics of liverworts, hornworts and mosses in a
tabular form with suitable diagrams
7. Only through labelled diagram show:
a) Vertical transverse section of a thallus of Marchantia.
b) L.S. capsule showing annulus and apophysis with stoma of Funaria.
c) T.S. of a young root Pinus sp. after secondary growth has been
d) T.S. of coralloid root of Cycas sp.
8. Draw the labelled life cycle of a heterosporous pteriodphyte. (5)
9. Discuss why is the seed of gymnosperms considered having remarkable
combination of two generation.
10. Write notes on the following :
i) Economic importance of bacteria
ii) Ecological significance of mycorrhiza
iii) Telome theory
iv) Economic importance of pteriodphytes
BBYCT-131, BBYCT 131, BBYCT131