BBYCT-131 Biodiversity (Microbes, Algae, Fungi and Archegoniates) in English Solved Assignment 2023
Course Code: BBYCT-131
Assignment Code: BBYCT-131/TMA/2023
Maximum Marks: 100
|Title Name||BBYCT-131 Solved Assignment 2023|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2023 Course: B.SC(G) CBCS|
|Session||Valid from 1st January, 2023 to 31st December, 2023|
|Product||Assignment of BSCG 2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||Valid from 1st January, 2023 to 31st December, 2023|
Note: Attempt all questions. The marks for each question are indicated
1. a) Describe the structure of tobacco mosaic virus with the help of a well
b) Write a brief note on the mechanism of conjugation in bacteria.
2. Give an exhaustive overview of the economic importance of bacteria. (10)
3. Describe the morphology and mode of reproduction of Polysiphonia with
4. a) Write a note on blue green algae as a major source of biofertilizer.
b) Describe the structure of basidiocarp of Agaricus with the help of a well
5. a) How do the bryophytes serve as indicators of pH and pollution?
b) How pteridophytes are different from bryophytes? Discuss.
6. a) Explain the mode of reproduction in Equisetum with special reference
to sporangiophore structure.
b) Write a note on glossopodium.
7. Describe the structure of root and stem of Pinus. Discuss the importance of
Pinus as a major source of timber.
8. a) Discuss the mechanism of Crozier and clamp connection in
Ascomycota and Basidiomycota.
b) What are the symptoms and control measures of early blight of potato?
9. a) Describe the different forms of lichen?
b) Give a elaborate account about the significance of lichens.
10. Write notes on the following:
i) Algal blooms
iv) Gemma cups
BBYCT-131, BBYCT 131, BBYCT131