BBYCT-137 Plant Physiology and metabolism in English Solved Assignment 2023
Course Code: BBYCT-137
Assignment Code: BBYCT-137/TMA/2023
Maximum Marks: 100
|Title Name||BBYCT-137 Solved Assignment 2023|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2023 Course: B.SC(G) CBCS|
|Session||Valid from 1st January, 2023 to 31st December, 2023|
|Product||Assignment of BSCG 2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||Valid from 1st January, 2023 to 31st December, 2023|
Note: Attempt all questions. The marks for each question are indicated against it.
1. Define the following terms:
i) Matric potential
2. Describe ABA signaling model to explain stomatal movements with the
help of well labelled diagram.
3. How enzyme activity gets altered by inhibitors? Explain. (10)
4. Describe the biochemistry of ammonia assimilation in plants. (10)
5. What are photosynthetic and non-photosynthetic pigments? Discuss their
distribution and role in Plant Kingdom.
6. Describe the role that macro and micro nutrients play in the growth and
development of plants. Describe the deficiency symptoms of various
elements in plants.
7. Describe the role of auxin and cytokinin in plant development. (10)
8. Differentiate between the following:
i) Photosystems I (PSI) and Photosystems II (PSII)
ii) Combustion and Respiration
iii) Transpiration and Guttation
9. Write short note on the following :
i) Plant responses to stress conditions
BBYCT-137, BBYCT 137, BBYCT137