BANC-131 ANTHROPOLOGY AND RESEARCH METHODS Solved Assignment 2022-2023
BANC-131: ANTHROPOLOGY AND RESEARCH METHODS
(TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT)
Course Code: BANC 131
Assignment Code: BANC 131/ASST/TMA/2022-2023
Total Marks: 100
|Title Name||BANC-131 Solved Assignment 2022-2023|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2022-2023 Course: BA(Anthropology)|
|Session||July 2022 – January 2023 sessions|
|Assignment Code||BANC 131/ASST/TMA/2022-2023|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(Anthropology) 2022-2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For the students enrolled in July: 30th April|
For the students enrolled in January: 31st October
There are three Assignments. All questions are compulsory.
Assignment – I
Answer the following in about 500 words each.
1. Define anthropology and discuss its objectives briefly. 20
2. Whhat is the importance of fieldwork? Describe the contributions of Radcliffe-Brown 20
Assignment – II
Answer the following questions in about 250 words each.
3. Discuss the relationship of archaeological anthropology with other disciplines. 10
4. Briefly discuss the genesis of physical/biological anthropology adaptation to heat.
5. Describe in brief the methods of data collection in social/cultural anthropology. 10
Assignment – III
Answer the following questions in about 100 words each.
6. Current field of study in Biological Anthropology. 5
7. Anthropology as a discipline 5
8. Growth of archaeological anthropology in India 5
9. Symbolism and Interpretative theories 5
10. Geological time scale 5
11. Serology. 5
BANC 131, BANC131, BANC-131