MPSE-004 SOCIAL AND POLITICAL THOUGHT IN MODERN INDIA Solved Assignment 2019-2020
Course Code: MPSE-004
Assignment Code: ASST/TMA/2019-20
|Title Name||MPSE-004 POLITICAL SCIENCE Solved Assignment 2019-20|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) MPS|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) MPS|
|Short Name||MPSE-004 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) 2019-20 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||July 2019 Session Students- 31st March 2020
January 2020 Session Students- 30th September 2020
Answer any five questions in about 500 words each. Attempt at least two questions from
each section. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Discuss the nature of state and sovereignty in medieval India.
2. Write an essay on nationalism and colonial modernity in the 19th century India.
3. Write a note on social reform and the ‘Hindu Renaissance’ in 19th century India.
4. Elaborate the role of Jyotiba Phule as a social revolutionary.
5. Compare the Moderates and Extremists in the nationalist movement.
Write a short note on the following in about 250 words each.
6. a) Sri Aurobindo on passive resistance
b) Background of the rise of Hindu nationalist ideology
7. a) Maulana Maududi’s views on Nationalism
b) Pandita Ramabai’s fight against patriarchy
8. a) Jaipal Singh on championing Adivasi identity
b) Gandhi on the relationship between religion and politics
9. a) Jawaharlal Nehru’s theory of culture
b) Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s ideological orientation
10. a) Rabindranath Tagore’s theory of freedom and self-realisation
b) M.N. Roy’s Radical Humanism
MPSE-004, MPSE-04, MPSE 004, MPSE 04, MPSE004, MPSE04, MPSE-4, MPSE4, MPSE