MPSE-003 WESTERN POLITICAL THOUGHT (FROM PLATO TO MARX)
Solved Assignment 2020-2021
Tutor Marked Assignment
Course Code: MPSE-003
Assignment Code: ASST/TMA/2020-21
|Title Name||MPSE-003 POLITICAL SCIENCE Solved Assignment 2020-2021|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) MPS|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) MPS|
|Short Name||MPSE-003 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||September 30, 2021 for January 2021 Session
March 31, 2021 for July 2020 Session
Answer any five questions in about 500 words each. Attempt at least two questions from
each section. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Distinguish between political thought, political theory and political philosophy.
2. Discuss the philosophical foundations of Plato’s political theory.
3. Write a note on Aristotle’s methodology.
4. What has been St. Augustine’s influence on western political thought? Examine.
5. Elaborate upon Machiavelli’s classification of governments.
Write a short note on each part of the following questions in about 250 words.
6. a) Thomas Hobbes on the rights and duties of sovereign
b) John Locke on social contract and civil society
7. a) Rousseau’s theory of General Will
b) Critique of Edmund Burke
8. a) Immanuel Kant’s transcendental–idealist view of human nature
b) Alexis de Tocqueville on religion
9. a) J. S. Mill on representative government
b) Hegel’s theory of state
10. a) Marx’s Historical Materialism
b) Marx’s views on communist society
MPSE-003, MPSE-03, MPSE 003, MPSE 03, MPSE003, MPSE03, MPSE-3, MPSE3, MPSE