MPSE-003 WESTERN POLITICAL THOUGHT (FROM PLATO TO MARX) Solved Assignment 2022-2023
WESTERN POLITICAL THOUGHT (From Plato to Marx) (MPSE-003)
Tutor Marked Assignment
Assignment Code: ASST/ MPSE-003/2022-23
|Title Name||MPSE-003 Solved Assignment 2022-2023|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) MPS|
|Semester||2022-2023 Course: MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) MPS|
|Session||July 2022 and January 2023 Sessions|
|Assignment Code||ASST/ MPSE-003/2022-23|
|Product||Assignment of MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) 2022-2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For July Session- March 31|
For January Session- September 30
Answer any five questions in about 500 words each. Attempt at least two
questions from each section. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Write a note on the significance and relevance of western political thought.
2. Evaluate Plato’s political philosophy. What was his contribution to western political
3. Explain St. Thomas Aquinas’s views on law and the state and the relations between
the Church and the State.
4. Analyse Machiavelli’s thoughts on politics and forms of government.
5. Discuss in brief Locke’s political theory.
Write a short note on each part of the question in about 250 words.
6. a) Rousseau on civil society and social contract
b) Edmund Burke on democracy and religion
7. a) Immanuel Kant’s political philosophy
b) Jeremy Bentham and utilitarian principles
8. a) Alexis de Tocqueville on religion
b) John Stuart Mill on rights for women
9. a) John Stuart Mill on individual liberty
b) Hegel’s philosophy of history
10. a) Marx’s vision of a communist society
b) Marx’s theory of historical materialism
MPSE-003, MPSE-03, MPSE 003, MPSE 03, MPSE003, MPSE03, MPSE-3, MPSE3, MPSE