MHI-03 HISTORIOGRAPHY SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2019-2020
Course Code: MHI-03
Assignment Code: MHI-03/AST/TMA/2019-20
Total Marks: 100
|Title Name||MHI-03 History Solved Assignment 2019-20|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: MA(History) MHI|
|Short Name||MHI-03 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of MA(History) 2019-20 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||July 2019 Session Students- 31st March 2020
January 2020 Session Students- 30th September 2020
Note: Attempt any five questions. The assignment is divided into two Sections ‘A’ and ‘B’.
You have to attempt at least two questions from each section in about 500 words each.
All questions carry equal marks.
1. What is generalisation? Discuss the role of generalisation in history-writing. 20
2. Write a note on the historiographical traditions in early India. 20
3. What do you understand by oral history? Discuss its relationship 20
4. Describe the important features of Indo-Persian tradition of history-writing 20
during the Sultanate period.
5. Give an analytical account of the various traditions of historiography which 20
constitute the Positivist tradition.
6. What is postmodernism? Discuss the postmodernist views on history. 20
7. Write a note on the nationalist historiography on Indian history. 20
8. What do you understand by the term ‘subaltern’? Discuss the two 20
phases the Subaltern Studies in India.
9. Write a note on the conflicting views on Indian Renaissance. 20
10. Write short notes in about 250 words each on any two of the following: 10+10
a) D.D. Kosambi and Indian Historiography
b) Greco-Roman Historiography
c) Feminist Historiography in India
d) Annales School.
MHI-03, MHI-3, MHI 03, MHI 3, MHI03, MHI