MGPE-012 WOMEN AND PEACE Solved Assignment 2019-2020
COURSE: WOMEN AND PEACE (MGPE-012)
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
Course Code: MGPE-012
Assignment Code: MGPE-012/ASST/TMA/2019-20
|Title Name||MGPE-012 Master of Arts in Gandhi and Peace Studies Solved Assignment 2019-20|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) MGP|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: MA(Master of Arts in Gandhi and Peace Studies (MAGPS))|
|Short Name||MGPE-012 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of Master of Arts in Gandhi and Peace Studies (MAGPS) 2019-2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||July 2019 Session Students- 31st March 2020 |
January 2020 Session Students- 30th September 2020
Answer five questions in all, selecting at least two questions from each section. Each question is to be
answered in about 500 words. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Critically examine the main causes of violence against women.
2. Explain the relevance of Gandhian legacy for the contemporary women’s movement.
3. Explain the following in your own words.
a) Impact of Globalisation on Women.
b) Role of Women in peace building.
4. Discuss the problem of honour killings with suitable examples.
5. Explain place and role of women in Buddhism and Jainism.
Write a short note on each part of the question in about 250 words:
6. a) Debates on Reforms in the Rape Laws.
b) Relevance of Gandhi’s ideas for preventing violence against women.
7. a) Campaign against child labour
b) Green Belt movement in Kenya
8. a) Features of crusade against female infanticide.
b) Global peace movements.
9. a) Contribution of women in the field of environment.
b) Role of the United Nations in promoting participation of women in conflict resolution.
10. a) Various initiatives taken by India to promote peace.
b) Meaning of Gender and structural violence existing across society
MGPE 012, MGPE012, MGPE-12, MGPE12, MGPE-12, MGPE12, MGPE-012, MGPE 12, MGPE 12, MGPE