MEC-009 / MEC-109 Research Methods in Economics Solved Assignment 2019-2020
Course Code: MEC-109
Assignment Code: MEC-109/AST/2019-20
Maximum Marks: 100
|Title Name||MEC-109 Solved Assignment 2019-20|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: MA(Economics)|
|Short Name||MEC-109 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of MA(Economics) 2019-2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For July 2019 session, you need to submit the assignments by March 31, 2020, and for January 2020 session by September 30, 2020 for being eligible to appear in the termend examination. Assignments should be submitted to the Coordinator of your Study Centre. Obtain a receipt from the Study Centre towards submission.|
Note: Answer all the questions. While questions in Section A carry 20 marks each (to be
answered in about 700 words each) those in Section B carry 12 marks each (to be answered
in about 500 words each). In case of numerical questions, word limit does not apply.
1. What are the aims of science as a cognitive enterprise? Discuss the characteristics of
positivist philosophy as knowledge seeking activity. In what sense this approach is scientific,
rational and progressive?
2. What is the distinction between quantitative research and qualitative research? Give an
account of various tools and techniques used in collection and analysis of qualitative data
under participatory method.
3. What do you mean by the term ‘research process’? Explain the various steps involved in
carrying out research in social sciences.
4. Explain how research design is a logical rather than logistical exercise?
5. State the various functional forms of Regression Model. In estimation of growth rate of a
county, which form of regression model would you like to apply? Give illustration.
6. What is cluster analysis? Explain the various approaches followed in cluster analysis.
7. Which relationships are depicted in input output tables? How are these tables useful in
MEC-009, MEC-09, MEC 009, MEC 09, MEC009, MEC09, MEC-9, MEC9, MEC, MEC 109, MEC109