MEC-109 Research Methods in Economics
Solved Assignment 2020-2021
Course Code: MEC-109
Assignment Code: MEC-109/AST/2020-21
Maximum Marks: 100
|Title Name||MEC-109 Solved Assignment 2020-21|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: MA(ECONOMICS) MEC|
|Short Name||MEC-109 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of MA(ECONOMICS) 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For July 2020 session, you need to submit the assignments by March 31, 2021, and for
January 2021 session by September 30, 2021 for being eligible to appear in the term end examination.Assignments should be submitted to the Coordinator of your Study Centre. Obtain a receipt from the Study Centre towards submission.
1. What are the key features of interpretative philosophy of science? Using a suitable
example from economics, select a theme and write a proposal in about 500 words using
interpretative research methodology.
2. Distinguish between tools of data collection and methods of data collection. Discuss
the various methods of Random Sampling. How will you decide the suitable method of
data collection among various random sampling methods?
3. State the different functional forms of regression model. How do you interpret the
estimated slope coefficient β of a log linear regression model?
4. State the properties of Lorenz Curve. When will comparison between two Lorenz
curves fail to compare inequality in two distributions?
5. What is correspondence analysis? Explain with example the various steps involved in
6. What is participatory research? Identify the various steps involved in data analysis of
7. Name the different sources that provide data on employment. Explain the different
measures of employment and unemployment used by NSSO in different quinquennial
MEC-009, MEC-09, MEC 009, MEC 09, MEC009, MEC09, MEC-9, MEC9, MEC, MEC 109, MEC109