MGPE-008 GANDHIAN APPROACH TO PEACE AND CONFLICT RESOLUTION in English Solved Assignment 2023-2024
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT (TMA)
Course Code: MGPE-008
Assignment Code: MGPE-008/ASST/TMA/2023-24
|Title Name||MGPE-008 Solved Assignment 2023-2024|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2023-2024 Course: M.A. POLITICAL SCIENCE|
|Session||Assignment July, 2023 & January, 2024 Sessions|
|Product||Assignment of M.A. MPS 2023-2024 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For July Session: 15th March|
For January Session: 15th October
Answer five questions in all, selecting at least two questions from each section. Each question is
to be answered in about 500 words. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. “Non-violence and forgiveness are essential for the community peace”. Do you agree with the
2. Enumerate the fundamental concepts in Gandhian thought and practice.
3. Discuss the idea of Shanti Sena and its role in conflict resolution.
4. Describe the role of tolerance in the making of a harmonious society.
5. Explain the concept of positive peace.
Write a short note on each part of the question in about 250 words:
6. a) People’s participation in peace process
b) India’s role in Sri Lanka ethnic conflict
7. a) Relevance of dialogue and negotiation in the contemporary world
b) Role of military in the politics of Myanmar
8. a) The concept of Mediation
b) Gandhi’s views on fasting and its relevance today
9. a) Arms Race and Materialism
b) Gandhi’s vision of Community Peace
10. a) Untouchability : An obstacle in harmonious society
b) Gandhi’s twin-principles of peace: Truth and Non-violence
MGPE-008, MGPE-08, MGPE 008, MGPE 08, MGPE008, MGPE08, MGPE-8, MGPE8, MGPE