MEG-15 COMPARATIVE LITERATURE: THEORY AND PRACTICE
SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2021-2022
MASTER’S DEGREE IN ENGLISH (MEG-15)
COMPARATIVE LITERATURE: THEORY AND PRACTICE
Course Code: MEG-15
Assignment Code: MEG-15/TMA/2021-2022
|Title Name||MEG-15 English Solved Assignment 2021-22|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2021-2022 Course: MA(English) MEG|
|Session||For July, 2021 and January, 2022 sessions|
|Product||Assignment of MA(English) 2021-2022 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||The completed assignment should be sent to the Coordinator of the Study|
Centre allotted to you by 31st March (if enrolled in the July Session) and 30th
Sept (if enrolled in the January session).
1. Comparative Literature cannot be understood without reference to world literatures.
Do you agree? Elaborate. (20)
2. In what ways do cultural studies intersect with the study of literature? (20)
3. How does the oral tradition reflect the social life of a community? Give examples. (20)
4. How does interliterariness allow scholars to compare and understand various literatures? (20)
5. How do the ‘centre’ and ‘periphery’ work in terms of interpretation of texts and themes?
6. Life Writings of marginalized groups is not just a description of the life of one individual.
Do you agree? Give reasons. (20)
7. Explain how magical realism compels the reader to believe in the incidents narrated. (20)
8. How do re-tellings offer shifts of perspective? Illustrate.
MEG-015, MEG-15, MEG 015, MEG 15, MEG015, MEG