ESO-15 Society and Religion
Solved Assignment 2020-2021
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Elective Course in Sociology: ESO-15
Society and Religion
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Maximum Marks: 100 Programme Code: BDP
Weightage 30% Course Code: ESO-15
Assignment Code: ESO-15/AST/TMA/2020-21
|Title Name||ESO-15 Sociology Solved Assignment 2020-21|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: BA(Sociology)|
|Short Name||ESO-15 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of BA(Sociology) 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||July 2020 Batch- 31st March, 2021|
January 2021 Batch- 30th September, 2021
Answer all the questions.
Answer the following questions in about 500 words each. Marks
1. Explain the concept of symbols. 20
2. Explain the significance of life-cycle rituals of birth, marriage and death. 20
Answer the following questions in about 250 words each.
3. Discuss the concept of civil religion. 12
4. Examine the influence of religion on cultural order. 12
5. Discuss Turner’s thesis on the social significance of pilgrimages. 12
6. Describe the nature of religious pluralism in India. 12
Answer the following questions in about 100 words each.
7. What are the main features of Sufism? 06
8. What is shaman?
ESO-15, ESO-015, ESO 15, ESO 015, ESO15, ESO