BHIC-131 HISTORY OF INDIA FROM THE EARLIEST TIMES TO c.300 C.E.
Solved Assignment 2019-2020
BHIC-131 : HISTORY OF INDIA FROM THE
EARLIEST TIMES TO c.300 C.E.
Tutor Marked Assignments
Course Code: BHIC-131
Assignment Code: ASST /TMA /July 2019 & January 2020
Total Marks: 100
|Title Name||BHIC-131 English Solved Assignment 2019-20|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: BA(English)|
|Short Name||BHIC-131 (ENGLISH)|
|Assignment Code||ASST /TMA /July 2019 & January 2020|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(English) 2019-2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For the students enrolled in July 2019- 30th April 2020
For the students enrolled in January 2020- 31st October 2020
DCQ: Answer any two questions in about 500 words each:
1. What are the problems encountered in the use of literary sources for 20 marks
writing ancient Indian history? Illustrate with examples.
2. How do we reconstruct the nature of the pre-historic hunter-gatherers’ 20 marks
societies ? Discuss.
3. Discuss the nature of religion and religious practices of the Harappans. 20 marks
4. Describe the revenue administration of the Mauryas. 20 marks
MCQ: Answer any four questions in about 300 words each:
5. What are the main factors that led to urbanization during 12 marks
c. 6th century BCE?
6. Was the Aryan invasion a myth or a reality? Discuss. 12 marks
7. Comment on the main factors that led to agricultural growth in c.600 BCE. 12 marks
8. What was the thrust of the teachings of Mahavira? Discuss. 12 marks
9. What was the impact of Alexander’s invasion on India? 12 marks
10. Who were the Muvendars? Discuss the nature of their powers. 12 marks
11. Discuss the nature of the society in Tamilaham. 12 marks
12. Comment on the nature of Tamil heroic poems. What were their 12 marks
SCQ: Answer any two in 100 words each: 6+6 marks
13. (i) Espionage Department of the Mauryas
(ii) Mahajanapada of Kosala
(iii) Pottery of the Chalcolithic cultures
(iv) Ecological Imbalance and the decline of the Harappan civilization
BHIC-131, BHIC 131, BHIC131