BLIE-226 MANAGEMENT OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION CENTRE
Solved Assignment 2021-2022
BLIE-226: Management of Library and Information Centre
Coverage: Course Code: BLIE-226
Course: Management of Library and Information Centre Assignment Code: AST/TMA/Jul.21-Jan.22
Blocks: 1 to 4
Units: 1 to 15 Total Marks: 70
|Title Name||BLIE-226 Solved Assignment 2021-2022|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Library and Information Science|
|Semester||2021-2022 Course: Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Library and Information Science|
|Session||July 2021 and January 2022 Sessions|
|Product||Assignment of BLIS 2021-2022 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For July Session- 31st March|
For January Session- 30th September
Note: Answer all questions
I) Answer the following questions in not more than 500 words each.
1) What are the changes which have occurred in libraries in the recent past? Explain how these changes
can be managed. (10)
2) Discuss the various preliminary considerations while planning building of a new library.
3) Discuss the different types of tools used for selection of print and non-print materials in a library.
Support the answer with suitable examples of selection tools. (10)
4) Stock verification in libraries is ‘a necessary evil’ discuss the statement highlighting advantages and
disadvantages of library stock verification. (10)
II) Answer the following questions in not more than 250 words each.
1) Discuss the problems involved in implementing TQM in libraries. (5)
2) What are acquisition problems specific of Indian libraries. (5)
3) Explain the need for induction and deployment in libraries. (5)
4) Describe the concept of change management. Explain the process of implementing change in libraries.
5) Describe the changing role of library professionals. Mention the types of skills required by LIS
professionals in the changing scenario. (5)
6) Describe the External and Internal forces of change. (5)
BLIE-226, BLIE 226, BLIE226