BLI-223 ORGANISING AND MANAGING INFORMATION Solved Assignment 2019-2020
Coverage: Course Code: BLI-223
Course: Organising and Managing Information
Assignment Code: AST/TMA/Jul.19 Jan.20
Blocks: 1 to 4
Units: 1 to 14 Total Marks: 70
|Title Name||BLI-223 Solved Assignment 2019-20|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Library and Information Science|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Library and Information Science|
|Product||Assignment of BLIS 2019-2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||July 2019 Session Students- 31st March 2020
January 2020 Session Students- 30th September 2020
Note: Answer all questions.
I) Answer the following questions in not more than 500 words each. (4X10=40 Marks)
1) Differentiate between idea plane, verbal plane and notational plane. Discuss the
canons of idea plane giving examples.
2) What is CCF? Discuss the structure of a CCF record.
3) Define computerised indexing. Explain the methods of computerised indexing.
4) What is ontology? Discuss its different types
II) Answer the following questions in not more than 250 words each. (6X5=30 Marks)
1) What do you understand by hospitality in an array? Explain how it is achieved by
2) Define non-hierarchical relationships. How are these represented in a thesaurus?
3) Enumerate the role operators in PRECIS. Explain the primary operators giving
4) Describe the five stages in the history of knowledge organisation.
5) What is interoperability? Discuss the methods for achieving it.
6) Describe the use of classification in a library and electronic environment.
BLI-223, BLI-223, BLI 223, BLI 223, BLI223, BLI