BEVAE-181 Environment Studies
Solved Assignment 2021-2022
Tutor Marked Assignment
AECC on Environment Studies
Course Code: BEVAE-181
Assignment Code: BEVAE-181/TMA/2021-2022
Maximum Marks: 100
|Title Name||AECC/BEVAE-181 English Solved Assignment 2021-22|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||AECC on Environment Studies|
|Semester||2021-2022 Course: AECC on Environment Studies|
|Session||Valid from 1st July, 2021 to 30th June, 2022|
|Product||Assignment of AECC on Environment Studies 2021-2022 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||Valid from 1st July, 2021 to 30th June, 2022|
1. “Sustainable development is an ideal goal towards which all human societies need to be
moving” Justify the statement in about 250 words
2. Differentiate between the following terms by giving suitable examples in about 125
(a) Genetic and species diversity
(b) Direct and indirect use value of biodiversity
3. Answer the following questions in about 150 words each.
(a) What is biodiversity hotspot? Why is India considered as a mega biodiversity hotspot?
(b) Describe the life forms of aquatic ecosystem found in different zones with suitable
examples and diagrams.
(c) Differentiate between the surface and ground water. Describe the factors responsible
for degradation of water.
(d) Write a short note on nitrogen cycle with the help of a diagram.
4. Why is there a need for participatory forest management? How does Forest Right Act,
2006 helps tribal and forest dwellers? Explain with suitable examples in about 200 words.
5. Critically evaluate non-polluting energy systems in India. Elucidate your answer with
suitable examples in about 200 words.
6. Explain the following terms in about 60 words each:
(a) Environmental Justice
(b) Agenda 21
(c) Greenhouse Effect
(d) Climate change
7. Answer the following questions in about 150 words each.
(a) Explain any four impacts of improper waste disposal with suitable examples.
(b) What is Ozone Layer Depletion? Describe its effects.
(c) Describe the role of Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) as an institution for
monitoring the pollution levels of environment.
(d) How do collective actions help in addressing environmental issues and concerns?
8. “Protected areas play a very important role in in-situ conservation of species.” Elucidate
the statement with respect to present day context in about 200 words.
9. ‘Polluted water is a threat to our health and survival of life forms” Explain it with respect
to different agents of water pollutants in about 200 words.
10. How do natural disasters as floods and cyclones adversely affect the lives and properties?
Explain your answer with suitable examples in about 250 words.
AECC/BEVAE-181, AECC, BEVAE-181, BEVAE 181, BEVAE181