BEGLA-136 English at the Workplace Solved Question Paper JUNE 2022
English in Daily Life
Course Code: BEGLA-136
|Title Name||BEGLA-136 Solved Question Paper JUNE 2022|
|Service Type||Solved Question Paper (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Product||Solved Question Paper (IGNOU)|
B.A. GENERAL (BAG)
BEGLA-136 : ENGLISH AT THE WORKPLACE
Time : 3 hours Maximum Marks : 100
Note : All questions are compulsory.
1. Match the words in Column A with their meanings in Column B : 10*1=10
(a) Philanthropy (i) A meeting to discuss ideas and choose the best ones
(b) Archive (ii) Not intentional
(c) Empathy (iii) An object produced by human craft
(d) Facilitate (iv) A reward offered for increased productivity
(e) Inadvertently (v) Make something possible or easier
(f) Delegate (vi) Work together to achieve something
(g) Brainstorming session (vii) Ability to share someone else’s feelings
(h) Artifact (viii) Entrust power or responsibility to someone else
(i) Collaborate (ix) Practice of charitable or benevolent actions
(j) Incentive (x) Collection of documents or records
2. Make sentences using the following words : 5*2=10
3. (a) Rewrite the following sentences changing them from the active voice to the passive voice : 5*1=5
(i) Charles Dickens wrote the novel ‘Great Expectations’.
(ii) The Mughal emperor Shah Jahan built the Taj Mahal.
(iii) Alexander Fleming discovered Penicillin.
(iv) My friend drew this beautiful picture.
(v) They selected a new leader yesterday.
(b) Fill in the blanks as indicated : 10*1=10
(i) Please make the necessary corrections and have the letter _______ . (Use the correct form of ‘dispatch’)
(ii) Remove the ________ chairs from the hall. We shall have our meeting here. (Use the correct form of ‘break’)
(iii) The little boy is afraid ________ the dog. (Use suitable preposition)
(iv) This letter was written ________ the teacher. (Use suitable preposition)
(v) The train departs ________ 3 PM from the station. (Use suitable preposition)
(vi) He was born ________ a small village in Maharashtra. (Use suitable preposition)
(vii) Sri Lanka is ________ island. (Use the correct article)
(viii) ________ Brahmaputra is a mighty river. (Use the correct article)
(ix) The American tourist had never seen ________ elephant before. (Use the correct article)
(x) Varanasi is ________ holy city. (Use the correct article)
4. Write short notes on the following in about 150 words each : 2*10=20
(a) Workplace Etiquette
(b) Differences between a Portfolio and a Resume
5. Prepare a brief CV clearly mentioning your skills, education, experience and interests. 10
6. Write an official letter of application in response to an advertisement for the post of an analyst in a firm. Your letter should show how your skills and experience match the requirements of the job. 10
7. You are the head of the local branch of your firm. A new recruit has joined the firm. Write a speech in which you welcome the new recruit to the organisation and introduce him/her to the other employees. 10
8. Prepare the outline of a presentation on the following topic : 15
‘‘The Importance of Imparting Employable Skills to our College Students