BEGLA-136 English at the Workplace Solved Assignment 2022-2023
ENGLISH AT THE WORKPLACE
Course Code: BEGLA 136
Max. Marks: 100
|Title Name||BEGLA-136 English Solved Assignment 2022-2023|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2022-2023 Course: BA(English)|
|Session||July 2022 and January 2023 Sessions|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(English) 2022-2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For June Examination: 30th April or as per dates given in the website|
For December Examination: 31st October or as per dates given in the website
Answer all the given questions.
1. Read the following passage and answer the questions below in complete sentences:
Although economic roles between men and women have become more similar over
time, sex differences are still prevalent and tensions still exist in the workplace.
Organizations across countries are increasingly implementing nondiscriminatory hiring
practices where women are given opportunities equal to men. We do find that there are
certain types of jobs such as those of police officers, fire fighters, truck drivers, etc.,
which are generally preferred by men, and there are other occupations like nursing,
teaching, etc., which are preferred by women. These are personal preferences which
may be dictated by nature or the way boys and girls are nurtured. However, it is the
duty of organizations to give equal opportunities to people of both sexes, based only on
a person’s credentials.
Although the number of women in all types of work fields has been steadily rising, there
is still a gap between women and men regarding compensation for producing similar
work in many fields. Also since women are the primary care givers at home, the entire
workforce needs to be sensitized to certain needs that may arise from time to time as a
result of the dual role they are necessitated to play throughout life. Additionally, their
vulnerability where personal security is concerned needs to be understood and taken
1. What is your opinion about the kind of challenges women face at the workplace? 4
2. How do you think their organizations can help them in overcoming these
3. Give a suitable title to the passage.
2. Use the following words in sentences of your own:
3. Rewrite the following sentences as directed:
1. Sometimes in the________ (consultant, competitive) world today jobs are not
advertised . (Use the correct word from those given in the brackets)
2. A person who is always on time. (Give an appropriate adjective)
3. The skill of ________ (read) and _________ (write) in English is essential for
an office boy’s job here. (Complete the sentence using gerunds)
4. The __________ (type) letters are ready for dispatch (Complete the sentence
using an appropriate participle)
4. Write short notes of about 150 words each on the following topics:
1. Body Language during an Interview
2. Organizing a Portfolio
4. Gender Perceptions
5. Cultural Awareness in a Multicultural Workplace.
1. You are interested in applying for the position of relationship manager in a finance
company. Write an application for this position, showing how you are suitable for this
2. Prepare a short CV (Curriculum Vitae) clearly mentioning your career history, skills,
achievements and other relevant details.
1. Write an outline of a presentation on the following topic:
“The Biggest Threat to the Environment of the Place you Live in”
2. You are planning to appear for an interview for the position of a Project Head in a
reputed institution. Write out ten questions you expect to be asked and your
responses/answers to these questions.
BEGLA-136, BEGLA 136, BEGLA136
There are no reviews yet.