BEGG-173 ACADEMIC WRITING AND COMPOSITION in English Solved Assignment 2023-2024
Course Code: BEGG 173
Max. Marks: 100
Answer all questions in this assignment
|Title Name||BEGG-173 Solved Assignment 2023-2024|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||BAG Generic Elective Courses|
|Semester||2023-2024 Course: BAG Generic Elective Courses|
|Session||July, 2023 & January 2024 Sessions|
|Product||Assignment of BAG Generic Elective Courses 2023-2024 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For June Examination: 31st March|
For December Examination: 30th September
I Write short notes of about 100 words each on the following:
1. What are the components of the ‘pre-writing stage’ of the process approach to writing?
2. What is the function of a ‘topic sentence’ in a paragraph?
3. Why are citations important in academic writing?
4. Explain the features of expository writing.
5. What aspects should be kept in mind while writing a business proposal?
II. Answer the following in around 200 words each:
1. What do you understand by the term ‘plagiarism’? How can you avoid plagiarism in your
2. Which are the disciplines that come under the stream of natural and applied sciences?
Describe the general features of academic writing in these disciplines.
III. Answer the following question in about 250 words.
1. Discuss the techniques understood to be the foundational elements of critical thinking skills.
IV. Write a well structured composition on the topic:
Conservation of national monuments: our role as citizens.
(Your essay should have a clear introduction, body and conclusion).
V. The Student Council of your college has conducted a meeting to organize a campaign to
encourage planting of more trees in the neighbourhood. Write a brief report of the meeting.
VI. i) How is persuasive writing different from argumentative writing?
ii) Write a promotional paragraph encouraging people to buy a new water filter that your
company has just introduced into the market.
BEGG-173, BEGG 173, BEGG173