BEGE-108 Reading the Novel
SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2020-2021
Reading the Novel
Assignment 2020 – 2021
(Based on Blocks 1-6)
Max. Marks: 100
|Title Name||BEGE-108 English Solved Assignment 2020-21|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: BA(English)|
|Short Name||BEGE-108 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of BA(English) 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||The completed assignment should be sent to the Coordinator of the Study
Centre allotted to you by 31st March (for June exam) and 30th September (for
December exam). Please read the instructions given in your Programme Guide. Now
read the following guidelines carefully before answering questions.
Answer all questions.
1. Write short notes on any two: 2 × 10 = 20
(i) Types of narrative modes
(ii) New Areas of Novel Writing
(iii) The Indian English Novel after independence
(iv) Difference between an idea and a theme
2. Would you agree that Mme. Defarge has a very crucial role to play in A Tale of Two Cities?
Does Dickens give her actions/ the actions of the group she represents a sympathetic
3. Examine Things Fall Apart within the framework of the development of the African novel
in English. Highlight its unique features.
4. Analyse Sunlight on a Broken Column as a partition novel told through the eyes of a child
narrator. Does the type of narrator make a difference to the way in which events are
5. Read Paraja as an example of a subaltern novel. Does the ‘subaltern finally speak’? Give a
detailed and reasoned answer.
BEGE-108, BEGE108, BEGE 108, BEGE