BEGC-114 Postcolonial Literatures Solved Assignment 2022-2023
ASSIGNMENT: Postcolonial Literatures
Course Code: BEGC-114
|Title Name||BEGC-114 English Honours 2022-2023|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||BAG & BA English (Hons)|
|Semester||2022-2023 Course: BAG & BA English (Hons)|
|Session||July, 2022 & January 2023 Sessions|
|Assignment Code||Assignment July, 2022 & January 2023 Sessions|
|Product||Assignment of BAG & BA English (Hons) 2022-2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For June Examination: 31st March|
For December Examination: 30th September
Answer any five questions. All questions carry equal marks. (20 x 5 = 100)
1. What do you broadly understand by South African Literature? Is it different in any way
from African Literature?
2. Who are some of the pioneers of postcolonial short story? Write about any two
representative short stories.
3. Make a critical appraisal of the poetic devices used in the poem, “Tonight I can Write”.
4. Tendulkar has made use of song, dance, music, mime, dialogue and narration in the play
Ghashiram Kotwal. Illustrate the extent to which these elements contribute to the total
effect of the play.
5. Name and briefly describe the communities whose correspondences and transactions are
found in South African writings.
6. Discuss poetry in the postcolonial space with critical notes on the poems from this
BEGC-114, BEGC 114, BEGC114