BEGC-113 Modern European Drama Solved Assignment 2022-2023
Modern European Drama
Assignment July 2022 January 2023
(Based on Blocks 1 – 4)
Max. Marks: 100
|Title Name||BEGC-113 English Honours 2022-2023|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||BAG & BA English (Hons)|
|Semester||2022-2023 Course: BAG & BA English (Hons)|
|Session||July, 2022 & January 2023 Sessions|
|Assignment Code||Assignment July, 2022 & January 2023 Sessions|
|Product||Assignment of BAG & BA English (Hons) 2022-2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For June Examination: 31st March|
For December Examination: 30th September
This assignment has two sections, A and B. Section A is compulsory. Attempt three questions from
Section B. Attempt five questions in all. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Write notes on any two of the following (250 words each): 10×2=20
i) Tragedy and Heroism in Rhinoceros
ii) Structure of the Play Waiting for Godot
iii) Characterization in Ibsen’s Ghosts
2. Critically examine, with reference to the context, any two of the following: 10×2=20
Daisy: They’re singing.
Berenger: they’re roaring, I tell you.
Daisy: you’re mad; they’re singing
To win one’s mid-day meal
One needs the toughness which elsewhere builds empires.
Except twelve others be trampled down
The unfortunate cannot be helped.
Vladimir: Pull on your trousers.
Estragon: You want me to pull off my trousers? Again,
“Let’s go”. (They do not move)
Answer any three of the following questions:
1. Discuss Ghosts as a Problem play. 20
2. Write a detailed note of Characterization in Bertolt Brecht’s The Good Woman of Szechuan. 20
3. Discuss the effects of the French Revolution and the Romantic Movement on Realism and
4. Discusss Waiting for Godot as an absurdist play?
BEGC-113, BEGC 113, BEGC113