BEGC-109 British Romantic Literature
Solved Assignment 2021-2022
ASSIGNMENT: British Romantic Literature
Course Code: BEGC-109
|Title Name||BEGC-109 English Honours|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||BAG & BA English (Hons)|
|Semester||2021 Course: BAG & BA English (Hons)|
|Session||January, and July, 2021 Sessions|
|Product||Assignment of BAG & BA English (Hons) 2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For January Batch: Last date of Submission for the December TEE: 31st October|
For July Batch: Last date of Submission for the June Examination: 30th April
Answer any five questions. All questions carry equal marks. (20 x 5 = 100)
1. Which years specify the Romantic period in English literature? Discuss the important changes
which occurred in the literary, political and social spheres in this period.
2. Explain the basic difference between the Neoclassical and Romantic theories of poetry.
3. What are the three stages in the development of Wordsworth’s attitude to nature in
4. Comment on Blake’s portrayal of children and childhood in his Songs of Innocence
5. Give an account of the punishment suffered by the Ancient Mariner. Attempt to show the
various stages and the different kinds of suffering he undergoes.
6. Write a note on Lamb’s characteristic humour and pathos with reference to the essay you
7. What do you think is Lord Byron’s aim through the satire? Illustrate with reference to
Roll on Thou Deep and Dark Blue Ocean.
8. According to Shelley what are:
The causes of human suffering and unhappiness?
9. Hope of happiness for mankind?
Object of inspiration to a poet?
10. The features of Keat’s poetic craftsmanship, particularly his negative capability, are varied
allusions, myth making, verbal coinage, and alliteration and assonance – discuss.
BEGC 109, BEGC109, BEGC-109