BEGC-110 BRITISH LITERATURE: 19th CENTURY Solved Assignment 2022-2023
BRITISH LITERATURE: 19th CENTURY
Assignment for July 2022 and January 2023 Sessions
(Based on Blocks 1-4)
|Title Name||BEGC-110 English Honours 2022-2023|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||BAG & BA English (Hons)|
|Semester||2022-2023 Course: BAG & BA English (Hons)|
|Session||July, 2022 & January 2023 Sessions|
|Assignment Code||Assignment July, 2022 & January 2023 Sessions|
|Product||Assignment of BAG & BA English (Hons) 2022-2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For June Examination: 30th April|
For December Examination: 31st October
Q.I Explain with reference to context the following lines:
4 x 5 = 20
(i) Let us swear an oath, and keep it with an equal mind,
In the hollow Lotos-land to live and lie reclined
On the hills like Gods together, careless of mankind.
(ii) No! let me taste the whole of it, fare like my peers,
The heroes of old,
Bear the brunt, in a minute pay glad life’s arrears
of pain, darkness and cold.
(iii) One summer morn forsook
His friends, and went to learn the gypsy lore,
And roam’ed the world with that wild brotherhood,
And came, as most men deem’d, to little good,
But came to Oxford and his friends no more.
(iv) Then joining hands to little hands
Would bid them cling together,
“For there is no friend like a sister
In calm or stormy weather;
Q. II Answer the following questions in about 300 words each:
4 x 5 =20
1. What role did the women play in the French Revolution as seen in A Tale of Two Cities?
2. Trace the theme of fatalism in the novel The Mayor of Casterbridge.
3. What poetic devices has Browning employed in his poem ‘Meeting at Night’?
4. Write a critical appreciation of the poem ‘The Splendour Falls’.
Q. III Answer the following questions in about 600 words each:
4 x 15 = 60
1. Write a detailed note on Dickens’ representation of the French revolution.
2. “Character is destiny and destiny is character.” Discuss this statement keeping in mind
Henchards role in the novel The Mayor of Casterbridge.
3. Critically analyse Browing’s ‘My Last Duchess’.
4. Write a critical appreciation of Arnold’s poem ‘The Scholar Gypsy’.
BEGC-110, BEGC 110, BEGC110