BEGC-106 Popular Literature
Solved Assignment 2021
Assignment January & July 2021 Sessions
(Based on Blocks 1 – 4)
Max. Marks: 100
|Title Name||BEGC-106 English Honours|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||BAG & BA English (Hons)|
|Semester||2021 Course: BAG & BA English (Hons)|
|Session||January, and July, 2021 Sessions|
|Product||Assignment of BAG & BA English (Hons) 2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For January 2021 Batch: Last date of Submission for the December TEE: 31st October, 2021
For July 2021 Batch: Last date of Submission for the June Examination: 30th April, 2022
Write short notes in about 200 words each: 4 × 5 = 20
(ii) Popular Culture and America
(iii) Crime Fiction
(iv) Mah Jong
Answer the following in about 300 words each: 4 X 7.5 = 30
1. Comment on the various genres of Popular Literature.
2. What is a literary canon?
3. Do you think that mass media and technology have a role to play in extending the
understanding of the canon?
4. Discuss the chess motif in Through the Looking Glass.
Answer the following questions in about 800 words each: 5 X 10 = 50
1. Write an essay discussing important issues in popular literature.
2. Would it be correct to say that Ruskin Bond and Vishal Bhardwaj’s The Blue Umbrella is a
children’s story for adults. Do you agree?
3. Trace the development of children’s literature.
4. Examine the theme of gender and space in Shyam Selvudurai’s Funny Boy.
5. Explain the significance of the framed narrative in the Bhimayana.
BEGC-106, BEGC 106, BEGC106