BEGC-107 British Poetry & Drama: 17th and 18th Centuries
Solved Assignment 2021
British Poetry & Drama: 17th and 18th Centuries
Assignment January & July 2021 Sessions
(Based on Blocks 1 – 4)
Max. Marks: 100
|Title Name||BEGC-107 English Honours|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||BAG & BA English (Hons)|
|Semester||2021 Course: BAG & BA English (Hons)|
|Session||January, and July, 2021 Sessions|
|Assignment Code||TMA 01/2021-22|
|Product||Assignment of BAG & BA English (Hons) 2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For January 2021 Batch: Last date of Submission for the December TEE: 31st October, 2021
For July 2021 Batch: Last date of Submission for the June Examination: 30th April, 2022
Answer with reference to the context: 5 × 4 = 20
(i) “Duchess I have got well by you; you have yielded me
A million of loss: I am like to inherit
The people’s curses for your stewardship.
You had the trick in audit-time to be sick,
Till I had sign’d your quietus”;
(ii) “Yet once more, O ye Laurels, and once more
Ye Myrtles brown, with Ivy never-sear,
I com to pluck your Berries harsh and crude,
And with forc’d fingers rude,
Shatter your leaves before the mellowing year”.
(iii) “This aged Prince now flourishing in Peace,
And blest with issue of a large increase,
Worn out with business, did at length debate
To settle the succession of the State”
(iv) “One speaks the glory of the British queen,
And one describes a charming Indian screen;
A third interprets motions, looks, and eyes;
At every word a reputation dies”.
Answer the following in about 300 words each: 5 X 4 = 20
1. What is the role of Bosola in The Duchess of Malfi?
2. Write a note on the socio cultural environment of 17th Century England.
3. Satire as used in Mac Flecknoe
4. Delineate the difference between Classicism and Romanticism.
Answer any three of the following questions in about 600 words each: 4 X 15 = 60
1. What is John Webster’s concept of tragedy and his contribution to the tradition of ‘revenge
2. Examine the biblical references in ‘Sonnet XIX’.
3. ‘The Rape of the Lock’ is an excellent example of 18th century neo-classical poetry. Do you
agree? Give reasons for your answer.
4. Discuss Mac Flecknoe as a mock epic with appropriate references.
BEGC-107, BEGC107, BEGC 107