Solved Assignment 2020-2021
Course Code: BBCCT-105
Assignment Code: BBCCT-105/TMA/2020-2021
Maximum Marks: 100
|Title Name||BBCCT-105 Solved Assignment 2020-21|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: B.Sc (Honours)|
|Short Name||BBCCT-105 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of B.Sc (Honours) 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||This assignment is valid from 1st July, 2020 to 30th June, 2021. If you have failed in this assignment or
fail to submit it by June, 2021, then you need to get the assignment for the year 2021-22, and submit it
as per the instructions given in the Programme Guide
1. A. Define the term “Peptide”. Write a note on biological importance of Insulin and Glutathione.
B. With the help of suitable diagram explain Ramachandran plot. (5+5= 10)
2. A. Distinguish between Solid and Liquid shear methods of cell extraction.
B. Give a note on the separation technique that works based on “diffusion” principle. (5+5= 10)
3. A. Illustrate the steps involved in fractionation of human plasma proteins.
B. Define the following terms: Rf value, Stationary phase, Mobile Phase, and Ion
exchanger. (5+5 = 10)
4. A. Explain the principle of electrophoresis technique with the help of suitable diagram. Justify
the advantages of SDS-PAGE over Native PAGE?
B. Write a brief note on protein sequencing by Sanger method. (5+5 = 10)
5. A. Describe the principle of Mass Spectrometry and give five applications of it.
B. Write a note on enzyme-based degradation of proteins using suitable examples. (5+ 5 = 10)
6. A. What is NMR? Write the principle of NMR and write four applications of it.
B. Compare and Contrast the structural characteristics of hemoglobin and myoglobin. (5+5 = 10)
7. A. Enlist the stabilising forces that contribute thermodynamics of proteins. Give any two
probable reasons for protein mis-folding.
B. Define chaperones and write a note on their biological importance. (5+5 = 10)
8. A. Explain about biological data bases with suitable examples.
B. Write a short note on specific functions of proteins with appropriate examples. (5+5 = 10)
9. A. Illustrate the sliding filament theory of muscle contraction with a neat diagram.
B. Explain the effect of various factors on oxygen dissociation curves. (5+5 = 10)
10. A. What is immunoglobulin? Describe the structure of Ig G with a neat diagram.
B. Write a detailed note on Bohr effect. (5+5= 10)
BBCCT 105, BBCCT105, BBCCT-105