Solved Assignment 2020-2021
Course Code: BBCCT-105
Assignment Code: BBCCT-105/TMA/2020-2021
Maximum Marks: 100
|Title Name||BBCCT-105 Solved Assignment 2020-21|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: B.Sc (Honours)|
|Short Name||BBCCT-105 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of B.Sc (Honours) 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||This assignment is valid from 1st July, 2020 to 30th June, 2021. If you have failed in this assignment or|
fail to submit it by June, 2021, then you need to get the assignment for the year 2021-22, and submit it
as per the instructions given in the Programme Guide
1. A. Define the term “Peptide”. Write a note on biological importance of Insulin and Glutathione.
B. With the help of suitable diagram explain Ramachandran plot. (5+5= 10)
2. A. Distinguish between Solid and Liquid shear methods of cell extraction.
B. Give a note on the separation technique that works based on “diffusion” principle. (5+5= 10)
3. A. Illustrate the steps involved in fractionation of human plasma proteins.
B. Define the following terms: Rf value, Stationary phase, Mobile Phase, and Ion
exchanger. (5+5 = 10)
4. A. Explain the principle of electrophoresis technique with the help of suitable diagram. Justify
the advantages of SDS-PAGE over Native PAGE?
B. Write a brief note on protein sequencing by Sanger method. (5+5 = 10)
5. A. Describe the principle of Mass Spectrometry and give five applications of it.
B. Write a note on enzyme-based degradation of proteins using suitable examples. (5+ 5 = 10)
6. A. What is NMR? Write the principle of NMR and write four applications of it.
B. Compare and Contrast the structural characteristics of hemoglobin and myoglobin. (5+5 = 10)
7. A. Enlist the stabilising forces that contribute thermodynamics of proteins. Give any two
probable reasons for protein mis-folding.
B. Define chaperones and write a note on their biological importance. (5+5 = 10)
8. A. Explain about biological data bases with suitable examples.
B. Write a short note on specific functions of proteins with appropriate examples. (5+5 = 10)
9. A. Illustrate the sliding filament theory of muscle contraction with a neat diagram.
B. Explain the effect of various factors on oxygen dissociation curves. (5+5 = 10)
10. A. What is immunoglobulin? Describe the structure of Ig G with a neat diagram.
B. Write a detailed note on Bohr effect. (5+5= 10)
BBCCT 105, BBCCT105, BBCCT-105