BBCCT-101 MOLECULES OF LIFE
Solved Assignment 2020-2021
MOLECULES OF LIFE
Course Code: BBCCT-101
Assignment Code: BBCCT-101/TMA/2020-2021
Maximum Marks: 100
|Title Name||BBCCT-101 Solved Assignment 2020-21|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: B.Sc (Honours)|
|Short Name||BBCCT-101 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of B.Sc (Honours) 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||This assignment is valid from 1st July, 2020 to 30th June, 2021. If you have failed in this assignment or
fail to submit it by June, 2021, then you need to get the assignment for the year 2021-22, and submit it
as per the instructions given in the Programme Guide
1. A) What do you understand by the term ‘Interdisciplinary’? Explain about interdisciplinary
nature of Biochemistry.
B) Write a short note on Mutarotation (5+5) 10
2. A) With the help of a well labeled diagram briefly describe the various non-covalent
interactions in aqueous system systems.
B) Differentiate between secondary and tertiary structure of a protein. (5+5) 10
3. A) Write a brief note on the following: a) Zwitterion b) Titration curve of amino acids
B) With the help of a labelled diagram explain the formation peptide bond. (5+5) 10
4. A) What is glycosidic bond? Explain different types of glycosidic bonds with suitable
example? B) Draw the structures of Milk and Table sugars, (5+5) 10
5. A) Compare and contrast between storage and structural polysaccharides with suitable
diagrams and examples.
B) Write detailed note on Blood group antigens (5+5) 10
6. A) Explain the micelle formation and its significance in saponification.
B) Write note biological membranes. (5+5) 10
7. A) Differentiate between auto and paracrine signaling?
B) Explain paracrine signalling with the help of eicosanoids. (5+5) 10
8. A) Illustrate the role of vitamin-A in vision cycle with a neat diagram
B) Justify the role of vitamins as antioxidant with suitable examples. (5+5) 10
9. A) Describe the Griffth’s experiment of bacterial transformation
B) Explain the phenomenon of denaturation and renaturation with the help of suitable
diagram. (5+5) 10
10. A) Draw the structure of ATP and explain why it is known as energy rich compound.
B) Give a detailed note on t-RNA.
BBCCT 101, BBCCT101, BBCCT-101