BBCCT-101 MOLECULES OF LIFE
Solved Assignment 2020-2021
MOLECULES OF LIFE
Course Code: BBCCT-101
Assignment Code: BBCCT-101/TMA/2020-2021
Maximum Marks: 100
|Title Name||BBCCT-101 Solved Assignment 2020-21|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: B.Sc (Honours)|
|Short Name||BBCCT-101 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of B.Sc (Honours) 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||This assignment is valid from 1st July, 2020 to 30th June, 2021. If you have failed in this assignment or|
fail to submit it by June, 2021, then you need to get the assignment for the year 2021-22, and submit it
as per the instructions given in the Programme Guide
1. A) What do you understand by the term ‘Interdisciplinary’? Explain about interdisciplinary
nature of Biochemistry.
B) Write a short note on Mutarotation (5+5) 10
2. A) With the help of a well labeled diagram briefly describe the various non-covalent
interactions in aqueous system systems.
B) Differentiate between secondary and tertiary structure of a protein. (5+5) 10
3. A) Write a brief note on the following: a) Zwitterion b) Titration curve of amino acids
B) With the help of a labelled diagram explain the formation peptide bond. (5+5) 10
4. A) What is glycosidic bond? Explain different types of glycosidic bonds with suitable
example? B) Draw the structures of Milk and Table sugars, (5+5) 10
5. A) Compare and contrast between storage and structural polysaccharides with suitable
diagrams and examples.
B) Write detailed note on Blood group antigens (5+5) 10
6. A) Explain the micelle formation and its significance in saponification.
B) Write note biological membranes. (5+5) 10
7. A) Differentiate between auto and paracrine signaling?
B) Explain paracrine signalling with the help of eicosanoids. (5+5) 10
8. A) Illustrate the role of vitamin-A in vision cycle with a neat diagram
B) Justify the role of vitamins as antioxidant with suitable examples. (5+5) 10
9. A) Describe the Griffth’s experiment of bacterial transformation
B) Explain the phenomenon of denaturation and renaturation with the help of suitable
diagram. (5+5) 10
10. A) Draw the structure of ATP and explain why it is known as energy rich compound.
B) Give a detailed note on t-RNA.
BBCCT 101, BBCCT101, BBCCT-101