AHE-01 Human Environment
Course Code: AHE-01
Assignment Code: AHE-01/TMA/2020
Maximum Marks: 100
|Title Name||AHE-01 Solved Assignment 2020|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||BSC (Application Oriented Courses)|
|Semester||2020 Course: BSC (Application Oriented Courses)|
|Short Name||AHE-01 (ENGLISH)|
|Assignment Code||AHE-01/TMA/ 2020|
|Product||Assignment of BSC (Application Oriented Courses) 2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||Valid from 1st January to 31st December 2020|
1. Differentiate between the following pairs:
i) Toxic substance and hazardous substance
ii) Desert and Grassland
iii) Mutualism and Commensalism
iv) Family and Kingship
v) Perihelion orbital and aphelion orbital of the sun.
2. Define carrying capacity. What are the different types of carrying capacity?
Explain how the finite nature of resources determines carrying capacity.
3. How is the epidemiological approach used to study health problems related to the
4. Explain the economic implications of waste generation and waste disposal. (10)
5. Write short notes on the following:
iv) Freshwater ecosystem
(4 × 2½ =10)
6. Describe the Chernobyl accident and discuss the various issues that arose after the
7. Discuss air quality standards. (10)
8. (a) List the reasons for extinction of Wild Life and discuss any one reason.
(b) Describe the various modes of transmission of communicable diseases.
9. (a) Describe the steps involved in the primary and secondary treatment of
sewage water in order to make it suitable for drinking purpose.
(b) Describe the measures that are used to rehabilitate degraded land.
10. (a) Discuss the effects of radiation on human health.
(b) Discuss the role of NGOs in the protection and management of the
AHE-01, AHE-1, AHE 01, AHE 1, AHE01, AHE1, AHE